To: Electriclove letter

Replies
Views
owlet
My daughter has had an ostomy for 2 years--she is 23 and will not talk to anyone about her condition. She has not adapted to it very will. I think you and her could be friends. We are in Indianapolis and I will try to connect on facebook.
mild_mannered_super_hero
perhaps you could suggest to her to join this site, where she can interact with others her age in simular circumstance. i hope so...
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,368 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mooza
Hey darl your daughter is and most likely still soo shocked we all feel very alone some time or another like we cant go on but i really thing if she did have a peek at this site esp franicaa she mite take a look in here and just maybe want to talk a bout her situation its very hard any age my first op i didnt end up with a stoma but 6 months later at 28 i got the dreaded thing but never heard of this site back in the late 90s ...i think u r an awsome mum to get on here and spend some time to understand the lovrly peeps that r wanting to vent or just type how they feel . hope u can giv her a small step into this site ...xxxxxxxx mooza (been there done that ) like many of us thanks for sharing xxxxx
Lobster
try and get your daughter to have a look at this site. Whilst it won't change anything physically it will let her know that she is not alone and that what she thinks and feels is the same as many other people. Knowledge is strength.
Yukon steve
After my illiostomy I totaly withdrew. and finding this site was accidental looking for info on my problems. I have found that I get more out of everyone here than anywhere else as you are all suportive and have gone through the same both mentaly and physicaly I hope your daughter will signup I had a sucsesfull reversal in Jan but I am going to stay a member to show my suport of all of you

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Bogg
Its not uncommon to feel depressed after such a major trauma both physically and emotionally.
As the others have said get her to join up here as she is well and truly not alone!
Cheers and good luck!