Mayberry Trivia

Replies
Views
mild_mannered_super_hero
one of my all time favorites, everybody has seen it, so it should be fair game for everyone.
some of the characters/stories "evolved" so we`ll use the most common answer or give partial credit.

1: what was andy taylors middle name ______

2: she worked at the diner and barney was always calling her...but she never appeared in any episode ________

3: everybody knows barney carried his one bullet in his pocket...where was his citiation book ______ ___ ___

4: what was the mayors last name... mayor ____

5: andy and barney were ________

6:who was andys housekeeper BEFORE aunt bee appeared ____

7: aunt bee`s nosey friend was _____ _______

8: the hottie who worked in the drug store, she ran for city council _____ ______

9: the roughneck farmer who wouldnt take his shot from the county nurse ____ _________

10: andys "main squeeze" _____ _____

bonus question... what was thelma lou`s LAST name _____ ________
{hint, tricky}

GOOD LUCK and answers posted sat or sunday
mild_mannered_super_hero

1: jackson
2:juanita
3:under his cap
4: mayor pike
5:cousins
6:rose
7:clara edwards
8: ellie walker
9:rafe hollister
10: helen crump
11: never revealed
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,314 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

christiesdad
heck, I started the answers, but then realized I didn't know hardly any of them

Good trivia though!

Give us another one
mild_mannered_super_hero

will see what i can do about the middle of the week. you realize that this post didnt provoke a single reply...so no promises
Primeboy
I don't remember watching the Andy Griffith Show during the 60's although it's been in syndication for many years. Never caught on with me.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
gutenberg
I only remember watching that show every once in a while, but I have a question for MMSH:
Did you really remember all those answers or did you have to do a little digging. I loved reading the answers and a couple didn't register at all. Fun Trivia though, Ed
christiesdad
hey don't get discouraged...lotta timesI don't get responses, so I know what you mean.

Maybe some are busy. But keep the trivia coming, there is a following

PRIME, you were to affluent, us po folks only had one t.v. station and it went off at 11:00 pm.

we had to watch andy!
gutenberg
The things I remember most from back in those days was the Hockey games. One year our old TV died right before the games were about to start and dad went out and bought a new one that was bigger and as we're watching the first game of the playoffs and into the third period and our Toronto Maple leafs were ahead by a comfortable margin and only a few minutes to go in the game this new sucker just up and died, so my dad called the manager of Sears and told him he wanted another TV NOW, and the next night we were back to watching the games and just at the closing of the game the damn TV died again, another Call to the manager and he had us another TV in no time at all. But what I really remember was as each of these TV's died and the manager brought a new one he would leave the old one there, as he didn't want to miss the games either, so for a while we had four TV's in the house until after the games. You can imagine what people were thinking coming into the house and seeing all those TV's and we would tell the neighbors kids that we had a couple more upstairs, my what memories, and only two Chanel's, and one of them was French Ed
Primeboy

Us quot;po quot; folks in Boston had 2 channels back in the late 50's and early 60's: CBS and NBC. As kids we spend lots of time playing with the rabbit ears just to get a decent signal. In the early days nbsp; nbsp;these channels did not start broadcasting until the mid-afternoon with the soaps and kids shows (e.g., Time for Beanie and Howdy Doody). Young folks today will never know the joy of staring at the test pattern waiting in hopeful anticipation for the first signal to come in. When Andy Griffith's show came on, we were either betting our lives with Groucho or bettering our lives with Fulton Sheen. nbsp; nbsp;Not too much choice. On another nostalgic note, the TV repairman was a frequent visitor to our home. I remember his box of assorted tubes he would insert until the horizontal lines made peace with the vertical. nbsp; nbsp;PB
dandare

Hi there PrimeBoy, just a quick question............was that Canon Fulton Sheen? You've just reminded me of several books my Dad had by him.

mild_mannered_super_hero
ed, i searched online to confirm my answers...but i knew them all. i have watched andy since it was on prime time and have several complete seasons on dvd. it`s a wonderful show, he is one of my personal heros...i have visited his real hometown of mt airey north carolina, and would reccomend it as a nice vacation spot.
christiesdad
Well, MMSH
You sure povoked some resonses this time

Hey Dan,
You broght back some fond memories mentioning SHEEN, (but wasn't he a Cardinal?) His is not my denomination, even so he mesmerized me. Although I haven't read any of his books, I think that now I will, as I am having somewhat of an issue with my own convicions.

Gute,
Talk about your antennae, I made one out of one f those hugh light bulbs that are on the top of th t.v. towers. You solder one end of a wire to the little lead base on the end of the bulb and another wire t the side of the bulb,(the thread part=copper) then attach the other end of the wires to the
t.v. where the "rabbit ears" connected. Best damn antannea I everhad.
christiesdad
Another thing I remember, is that 7-11 sold t.v. tubes and had a tester. We would take all our tubes down there and test them, one by one, til we found the bad one. Then buy a replacement
and hope we remembered where it plugged in!
Primeboy

Bishop Sheen. Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxLdrE7WTaA amp;feature=related
Xerxes
PB,

You mean you never caught the 'original" aunt Bea and Floyd the barber?

X_
Xerxes
PB,

Oh yes, and his little angel over the camera.

X_
Primeboy

I am afraid I remain culturally challenged when it comes to Mayberry in the 60's. My specialty is San Francisco in the 1910's with Lars, Marta, Katrina, and, yes, Aunt Yenny. That show (I Remember Mama) came on Friday nights after Superman. Maybe I'm in the wrong decade, but what does it matter when you go back that far?
gutenberg
Primeboy: thanks for that lead to Bishop Fulton Sheen, now that was one mesmerizing man, even for those of us that had almost given up on religion, we still had to watch the man with a presence. After watching some clips its hard to believe it was that long ago. Ed
Primeboy

It's also hard to believe that his program was presented in prime time every Thursday night. When you take a look at all the garbage the broadcast channels are sending us every evening, you can only wonder how far we have fallen culturally and morally. Our constant media-supplied entertainment is a steady diet of human perversion. Just look at all the sickening behaviors described in clinical detail on any of those CSI programs. What we are sorely missing today is exposure to human beings of substance, consequence or talent like Bishop Sheen, Walter Cronkeit or even Red Skelton. Xerxes will give me 50 points for saying quot;O tempora, O Mores! quot; nbsp; nbsp; PB
christiesdad
I miss the old variety type shows......
Ed Sullivan
The orignal Amateur Hour
and wasn't there one called "Col Bowes"?
Ted Mack
all the music shows; Perry Como, Eddy Arnold, Patty Page,Connie Francis
and who can forget Dick Clark and the Bandstand

Prime, agree with you, Just pure crap....100 or so channels and end up watching only
"The history channel", "Fox News" The Weather Channel" an occasional documentary
dandare
Thanks PB for the links. I'm beginning to see how my Dad was so taken by his teachings. And yes it is a shame to think we have so many channels to chose from and we end up looking back at the re-runs. I wonder if the younger generation will look back at their programmes today with the same enthusiasm? Very doubtful!!
Christiesdad - you've given me a hankering for an episode or two of "Greenacres"!!!
Xerxes
PB,

How cold anyone forget "I remember Mama." It starred Peggy Wood if I remember correctly and Dick Van Patten was one of the cast members, but who I forget. can you help me with that. Was Superman on Friday night? Somehow I thought it was Tuesday, but what the hell, it doesn't matter.

X_
Xerxes
PB,

At least 50 points! Oh how Tempus Fugit (not sure of the grammar here...lol).

X_
Xerxes
Chrisiesdad,

I think Col Bowes was a radio show and a predecessor to Ted Mack's Amateur Hour that you mention. I do remember the Perry Como show. He had a nice voice, but fell through the cracks with all his competition.

X_