Weight Gain After Ileostomy - Need Advice!

Replies
Views
christine108

I also gained some weight after the ostomy surgery, but that was some years ago, and now I find that my weight has more to do with general diet and exercise than anything else.
I try to limit sweets as much as possible (except in the case of emergency chocolate!), and also became vegetarian two years ago, and have lost weight. I don't exercise as much as I should, but find that walking helps and any little thing, like using the stairs more. If that doesn't help you, I think you'll have to consult your doctor.
Good luck.

Roxy
Hi, I'm replying from your Feb. comment, just curious if the Sensa stuff worked for your diet? Sounds too easy!

Thanks,
Roxy
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,450 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

NewlifeVictoria

Hi, I'm gaining weight since Jan 2018. I have been eating too much. I guess my diet is bad. I guess and I'm now depressed and need to lose some weight. I don't like being this way. I don't eat much meat or veg. I was eating a lot of carbs. What is your diet? Can you help? It's winter and I'm not active enough. I'm sure and home slot don't get dressed much. Been in PJs all the time. Put pants on and omg I need to change my diet. Are you doing better now and what did you do for it? Weight gained Victoria. Thank you for any help.

NewlifeVictoria

I have the same issue. It's not making sense. I'm very confused about it all.