Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,313 members

Weight gain after ileostomy

Posted by christine108, on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:16 pm
I also gained some weight after the ostomy surgery, but that was some years ago, and now I find that my weight has more to do with general diet and exercise than anything else.
I try to limit sweets as much as possible (except in the case of Emergency Chocolate!), and also became vegetarian two years ago, and have lost weight.  I don't exercise as much as I should, but find that walking helps and any little thing, like using the stairs more.  If that doesn't help you, I think you'll have to consult your doctor.
Good luck.
Reply by Roxy, on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:17 pm
Hi, I'm replying from your Feb. comment, just curious if the Sensa stuff worked for you diet?   Sounds too easy!

Thanks,
Roxy
Reply by NewlifeVictoria, on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:14 am

Hi I’m gaining weight since Jan 2018 I have been eating to much I guessingmy diet is s bad I guess and I’m now depressed and need to loose some weight I don’t like being this way I don’t eat much meat or veg I was eating a lot of carbs 😧what is your diet can you help? It winter and I’m not active enough I’m sure and home slot don’t get dress much been in pjs all the time put pants  on and omg I need to change me diet are you doing better. Now and what did you do for it ? Weight gained Victoria Thank  you 🙏 for any help 

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.