Ostomy supplies

In this discussion
Replies
Views
macsac1

Hello - Does anyone know of an ostomy supply company that charges a fair price for supplies? I just lost my health insurance and most companies in the US gouge people and want to profit from your misfortune. I'm sure it costs pennies to make the bags but they sell for around $4 each. I can't afford that. I guess I will have to use baggies and duct tape.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

DH
Try www.ostogroup.org. Their supplies come from donations made by people who no longer need supplies. That is why they are so cheap. They might not have exactly what you're looking for but it's worth a try. Check it out.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Primeboy

This may sound a bit devious, but why don't you contact the various suppliers and ask them for sample products. Be very specific on what you need. Perhaps someday soon you will land work with benefits and then be a faithful customer. This suggestion might get you through a few months without resorting to baggies and duct tape. In the meantime, see if you can get on COBRA to continue your benefits at a reduced rate. Good luck!

CALYPSO

This may sound very straightforward, not the least devious. Write to your government and ask when the richest country in the world is going to provide free healthcare.
Coping with illness is enough without the added worry of where the money's coming from. In the meantime, DM's suggestion sounds favorite.
All the best.