Tarababy is coming to Denver!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
tarababy

Hi folks....thought I'd pop a post on letting everyone/anyone in the Denver area know....I'm coming over!!!! First time O/S traveller and I will have a bit of spare time to meet anyone who would like to meet.. I arrive on the 15th July for 2 weeks. My man will have to work a day or two while I'm there, and he doesn't want me wasting time sitting around his home waiting for him.. so I have suggested maybe I can find someone out there who would like to meet for a coffee and a chat. Now remember, I'm not driving...way too dangerous...you guys drive on the wrong side of the road for me...lmao... As I have a limited time...I can put a day or two aside for this purpose...other than that, I will be spending as much time as I can with Craig...seeing the sights and all the.......oh heck, I have no idea what I am going to see...the Rocky Mountains for one... But I don't know what the highlights of Denver are...so I have asked Craig to just show me his favourite places. If anyone has some handy tips for me...please, go for it...I do know I like the sound of going to a non-tourist town...Not like here..
So I am now on the countdown.....and sooooo excited...I think I'm going to pop. (oh not again, here we go. lol) I'm kidding...not about being excited that's for sure..see I'm rambling...Ok, well sitting and waiting patiently for a response...yeah right!! like I can sit still at the moment...hahahahahah...Later folks....Tara

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Have a great trip, Tara. It's very pretty in the mountains. I've never been to Denver myself, but I have been to the Rockies and it's quite a sight to see. If you get the chance and have time, get him to drive you to Yellowstone Park (shouldn't be over a few hours' drive). Now, that is the coolest place I have ever seen. Have fun!!! G.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
tarababy

Hey there G, well I do believe I will be going to Yellowstone. And some place to do with dinosaurs.. lmao... from one dinosaur to another hey... This is a trip of a lifetime, so you can bet your bottom dollar I'm going to have a ball (or 2). Ssshhh!!!! I mean a great time.. Not sure I'm looking forward to this altitude sickness thingy.. nose bleeds, light-headedness... wtf??? Just another hiccup to overcome.. Knew I'd be on cloud nine by the time I landed, just didn't know I might stay that way... hehehehe.. oh hang on... too late. Thanks for your input G, knew I could rely on you to answer me.. cheers.. Tara

corncob

Hey girl, I'm so happy to hear you're having a great time! Best wishes! God bless! Love Colleen

tarababy

Thanks Colleen, I'm having a scream of a time here...and I haven't left the country yet..so you can imagine what I'm going to be like in 3 weeks time hey....Was kinda hoping to pick up some ideas on what to see and where to go...I have been asked.."What do YOU want to do?" I'm like..I have no idea as I haven't a clue on what's there to see and do. Other than the tourist sight-seeing stuff...what else is there to do that's maybe a bit out of the usual? Not into going where the tourists go...Thinking if the Grand Canyon isn't too far away, that is a start..Also like the look of taking a river raft trip down the Colorado River. But you see, there it is, all tourist things..oh well I am a tourist..I'll just keep looking for that something different...Thanks again guys...check ya later

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
tarababy

Hi guys, well I have the name of a few places I am going to see. Garden of the Gods. Colorado State Hospital. Molly Brown's House. (I may find that one)...and some fishing...fly fishing to be exact...damn, it looks hard too. I can fish with the best of them, but never done fly fishing. Float down the Colorado River in a 7hr cruise, (maybe, haven't checked that yet) lol...Sounds beautiful, so it's on my list of things. Possibly Grand Canyon...about the same distance as Yellowstone...Haven't checked yet. And on there as well would be some horse riding...all the things I love to do, but never get a chance to do, here even. Throw in some cool meals and funky night clubs, even a strip club is on my list. Be interesting to see how you guys do it. Ok, can't type, got cat sitting in between me and keyboard...guess I got to go. Nope, I won. Might need stitches though...lmao. Then there are the shops...That could be dangerous. The sunsets I have been told can be so beautiful, so can't wait for them. Oh my god...Michael Jackson is dead...sorry guys I got to go...later

eddie

Welcome Tara, I know you will have a great time of it.
Eddie

vulcanBMk2

I know the song,
"Santa Claus is Coming to Town."

But I don't know the words of the song,
"Tarababy is Coming to Denver."

vulcanBMk2
However! You are in trouble if people start singing the Bob Seger song...

"Get Out of Denver
FrexyGirl
Hey Tara,
I am new to this site and only had a stoma and stuff since January of 2009. Anyways, Denver is a wonderful city!! If you have a chance to visit Colorado Springs, it's a beautiful place as well. I wish you the best of luck and fun!!! I take it this is your first visit to the U.S.? And is this your first meeting with this guy face-to-face? Well anyways, have a fabulous time and make sure to take pictures!!! Always - Frexy
tarababy
Hi folks, thanks to everyone who had some input...This is the very first time I have ever been out of Australia...and yes, this will be the very first time Craig and I actually meet and have that long-awaited hug. Been 2 long years in the making. I have only 5 days to go...and I can't sit still. More nervous on the flight over than the actual meeting...I'm sure that will come as I leave Los Angeles heading to Denver...
I will be seeing the Garden of the Gods, and anything else I can...Just hoping the weather is nice while I'm there...it's cold here so want warm weather thanks...and Pete, not sure about the words for my song...might just call me Santa for now hey...I do know someone will be coming...hehehehehe...to town...Well, what do you expect with two years of foreplay...sheesh!!!! Thought I better come on here and say thanks to everyone and I might not be back on till I am there and come on to do my blog...So, take care everyone and if you hear someone screaming, it could be me...don't panic it's all good...chow for now guys...Mwah!!!!!
tarababy
Hey folks,well i made it...the flight was a buzz....and well,thought I'd have customs onto me about my medication and the only thing that happened was at Cairns Airport before I even left town..they swabbed my hand luggage,geesh.All good tho.When I seen the huge plane I was going on,at Sydney...That was when it hit me that I was actually doing this....I'm pretty sure the other travellers thought I was a special needs person with the permanent grin I had...heheheh.I was travelling on cloud nine...13 hours later we came over L.A...please dont ask me what i think...lmao..couldnt see much and then at the airport...running round like a hen with my head cut off trying to find the next gate,and only just made it,phew...
Sitting in the middle seat wasnt what i wanted,but....anyway,the young man sitting at the window wasnt even interested in looking out...wanted to ask him if i could change places,but thought the silly grin might make him think its not such a good idea....so i wait till seat belt sign goes off and go to the ladies to get changed for my arrival in Denver..First impressions and all...hahahahahah,well, glad i am a small framed girl...being tall wasnt easy..but eventually i got it done...You know the saying...butterflies in the tummy? haaa ,mine were buzzards...anyway,we alight and I go through customs and the rest of it and go to find my luggage....Mmmm, that thing aint going around...ask where should i be to wait..old grumpy says wait right there,it will be 35min at least.....Damn, thinking i better find a phone to call Craig and let him know this,didnt want him thinking i got cold feet right....Okey dokey, WTF? i had/have no idea what coins are what....so i start to panic a little....No need to,turn around and there is a face i knew very well....Craig came looking for me...Guys, that first hug was like coming home....thats the best way to explain it...He was exactly like I expected..smelt great and that smile lit up the room...If anyone out there has met their soul mate...you will know the feelings i'm talking about...familiarity,comfortable,like i had only been gone a while..We hit it off right away, we both felt it...the ease with it all.I knew then he is the guy I have loved for a long long time...Just had to wait to find him again.Nothing but happyness was in my heart as we walked around talking and waiting for my luggage to show...oh,which took another hour and a half...it wasnt even on the same flight....Thanks Ann, i took your advice and changed things around,so my supplies and medication was in my carry-on..
The minute we left the airport.....(so glad i dont dribble hey..lmao) cause i couldnt stop gawking and jaw dropping and oohh's and ahh"s and oh my god look at that...and wow!...I knew i was in for a great time here.
BUT......even though i know you guys drive on the wrong side....we go to the limo and i go straight to the door i am used to when your a passenger....shite!!!!Craig stayed back to see what i would do...Well, i aint driving here,so oops...lets try this again...driving back to where we had to go was an eye-opener...Craig goes to turn onto the road and i grab at the dashboard and go.."look out for him".awe, didnt i feel like a right goose...say sorry,but he is still having a giggle at me...cant say i blame him....but it took 3 days for me to stop freaking out at intersections...oh crap he/she is coming on our side....watch out...aarrgghhhh!!!!!!!...and i need to know...whats with the talking on phones and texting while driving in any kind of traffic..well here there is only one kind of traffic that i see....stop or go bat-out-of-hell-i'm-in-a-fu**ing hurry.At least every 4th car/4x4 truck was either chatting away merrily or steering with the knee and using both hands to text..oh my god...our cops would have a ball here....Sorry but i see them people as total morons...not an ounce of consideration for themselves or anyone else on the roads...I'm still blown out by it..And the roads here are massive and so long...what am i saying...look at the country side,its huge...and oh so pretty...The things i have seen i will take to my grave....never in a million years did i ever think id get to Castle Rock....or the rocky mountains...damn thats cold and its not even winter...Garden of the Gods is just that.The dinosaurs were amazing...Gee guys, we have packed so much in so little time...my head is swimming...I have now eaten elk....buffalo...now that was really nice,specially in ribs..you know what you can do with your corn dogs hey...lol...cant say im a fan.
Second day...it seemed to be about 3pm...i dont wear a watch so had no idea right...ask craig and he says oh its 6.30....WTF????? sun-up at 5;30am and not dark till 8;30--9;00pm...wow!!!and everyone at home said the days will fly by..not at that rate they dont..so we have been filling the days wonderfully...Yesterday,we went to Denver Zoo....love all your animals here,so it had to happen before i went home...so glad too...what a great place..the big cats and the monkeys were the best...im a cat person,and i just wanted to reach in and give them a big cuddle...lucky there was glass between us hey...lol...you know, there is so much going on here,i wont get to tell you everything...I have been taking photos like they are going out of fashion...so when i get back home i will put some of my favourites on here somehow....This is the best thing i have ever done and would do it again no worries...I really love it here and trying not to think about going home.Thats going to hurt like a bitch.
Well folks....as i want to spend as much time with craig as possible...coming on here is only happening at the moment as he had to go to work...and not going to wonder too far on my own...seen as how i almost got run-over the other day when i went to the supermarket while craig was out..Mmmmm, bet your thinking i forgot to look left instead of right hey?Nope, i waited for walk sign,then looked,and thank god too,cause this mad cow went right through and almost got me...she got a mouthful from an irate aussie..hehehehe..Went to a lingerie shop to find something i cant find at home...and go and ask the assistant....i say,im not sure on your sizes here......she says well im not sure of the european.....I look down at my crutch and say.."Am I?"...Ummmm, she didnt get it.But didnt i have a good giggle on the way home...European?? Guess i can be grateful i havent been called a pommie yet.Ok, time for breakfast folks....take it easy and i'll be back soon....mwah!!!!...Tara
Past Member

Photos woman...we need photos!!! lol... glad you are enjoying yourself T. Have a great time...and don't forget the photos. Especially if you catch one of those huge trout!!!

tarababy
Hi G, yes there are plenty of pics coming....it just might have to wait till I get back home if that's okay....think I have almost 200 shots in the first 4 days...heheheheh...so I will sort them out and show you guys....got them on Craig's PC, but you should know how illiterate I am when it comes to PCs, especially one I'm not used to using...And, I think I need to go home for a rest...so much walking, and well, other things as well...... Other than the driving side of being here and killing myself in the first block...I could live here. Mmmm, well till winter anyway. So in love with the place, I'm going to get homesick when I go home...make sense?....Hope you're well G, we will have to catch up soon, been a little while hey. Have patience please, pics are coming..will email you ones I don't put on here...just hoping my crappy PC can handle the load when I send them through...lol..take it easy my friend....
Past Member

I recommend having him take you to Red Rocks. It's a bit of a drive but worth it.
They have great microbrewed beers. One of my faves is My Brother's Place.
There's a library / book store that serves beer too. Dig that place.
Oh goodness, Denver rocks. I go about twice a year.
Even a tour of the Pepsi Center was fun for me once too.
Have fun!

tarababy
Hi folks....firstly, let me say a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE OSTYMATES I MET .......oh thats right I DIDNT MEET ANY...But I still had a great time,shame you missed some of it...
Just came on to let you know this site wont let me put the pics on here as they are too big..so untill I know how to de-size them, guess you will have to imagine...Thanks for the hints on what to see, they were worth it..Garden of the Gods, Brittmore Mansion,Casle Rock, dinosaurs, Manitou springs,bet its not spelt like that...lmao..but the famous water there???? you know where that can go....it tasted like no water I have tasted before..and hope to never again....The great Continental Divide was icy cold with that wind blowing right through me...The roads there are artwork in themselves...and so sad to see all the pine trees dying off like they are...never hear of that here.Denver Zoo was the coolest,loved it immensely...While we were in checking out all the snakes and creep-crawlies, Craig kept sneaking up and scaring me..well he got more than he bargained for when he realised he not only scare the pants off me but also 2 other women standing beside me...Slowed him down a bit.And you have a cage full of lorikeets, our birds,...tried telling the guy who tried to stop me from patting them that they love simple bread with honey and seeds through it...the crap they were feeding them was gross...and I noticed 2 birds with some feathers coming out...one looked diseased,told him it should be taken out till cured or it will infect all the others.Wonder how long till that sinks in...
Not sure what I am going to do with myself now I'm back here....feel very lost..detached..out of place..Glad I have my cats....I know they missed me...Reba was taken care of,where as big tom had to just wait at my door...you see he is a stray I fell in love with...seems he isnt going to wonder too far now ...At all hours he will be found at my front door waiting..or inside on my lap..Thank god for animals hey..I'd be lost without them....think thats why I fell in love with squirrels....they are a bit like our possums..just not as big as possums...and chipmunks...well Alvin has a lot to answer for...thought they were bigger than they are..took some pics of them, then had a hard time finding them in the photos...hehehe..Last but not least....PUKE AND SNOT.........anyone know what I'm talking about there? so god damn funny.....i would be a regular there for sure...I have my knight already....and if I could just lift a decent sword....bring it on....anyway, guess I have bored you enough now...got to go look for a new job..cya's.....
Past Member
Here's my favorite Tara.

Past Member
tarababy

AWEEEEEE..... G!!!!!!! Nice surprise...THANK YOU!!!..I also like what you think are the best..So far anyway...as you will find..you have some more to look at....There are one or three I like in this lot....feel free to continue..buggered if I know how you did it..lmao..Can see how you got your name...cya...mwah!!!

tarababy

Oh and see how that shirt never stayed down, well the cold wind ended up giving me, what we call, chill blanes... red rash - really tender and sore... mmmmm!! and apparently I stepped through some poison ivy. I think it's called... heard poison oak in there too somewhere... red itchy rash all over the tops of my feet... pattern goes with the shoes I was wearing.... Last but not least... on the way to the continental divide... my eyes went weird/funny on me... like my eyeballs were swimming in water.... and a bit foggy in the head... damn lucky I wasn't driving.. (yeah right)... Craig asks if I'm okay when he sees me shaking my head like I'm trying to loosen things up in there... Yep, I'm good... just don't let me walk anywhere alone, I'll wanna huggle a bear or something.... felt weird, only lasted about 10 miles.... Guessing that was my touch of altitude sickness... anyway, just had to add that bit... cya's

Past Member
tarababy

Thanks again G, there is a better one of us...and if I knew what I was doing...blah, blah, blah.....this was my first taste of Yankee beer...wasn't bad..not a beer drinker, but it was refreshing if nothing else.

keysgirl

Tarababy,

I so enjoyed your tales about your adventures in Colorado. You and Craig look beautiful together. Peace Love...Sadiqah

tarababy
Hello Sadiqah...what a beautiful name....Glad you're enjoying them....As I was just re-reading...Had a thought I wanted to share...As you can see, I tried American beer..a few days into my stay we felt like a cool drink...So, I say I'd like a shandy...Craig's like huh? I say..it's beer and lemonade mixed together..Well, here it is made with OUR LEMONADE..What a crack-up that became. He came home with YOUR LEMONADE and beer. I couldn't stop laughing. And then to try and remember what yanks call lemonade, seem to be beyond me at that stage....A few days later...Craig comes home and says..'did you mean SPRITE?'...ah poop, yeah I did....lmao...Never mind...all were enjoyed anyway...Then I think I started a water fight.......bad move......lasted for days...just when you weren't thinking about it...WHAM!!! From both sides...kinda one of those...'oh now you done it..you're gonna cop it when you least expect it times?'!..Should be careful what I start hey. (giggle giggle). But heck it was fun..Ok, I'm out of here, cya's...and thanks Tara