About Pakistan

In this discussion
Replies
Views
christiesdad
Someone said on a news program interview in the last couple of days,"What are we doing in Pakistan?"
I completely agree, "WHAT are we doing in Pakistan?" or "what ARE we doing in Pakistan" or
"what are WE doing in pakistan?" or "what are we DOING in Pakistan?"
They hate us,.... as Moslems, have sworn to kill all of us non-moslems. What doesn't make any sense to me is that every other religion in the world knows their phylosophy and just accepts it.
And at the same time being careful not to say anything nasty about them. Enough is enough!
We got our pound of flesh for the 911 tragedy. I don't believe that there will be any disrespect to stop this senseless continuing with an endeaver that we have no way of accomplishing anything.
No disrespect to our fine men ane women that have died in the process of avenging our fellow Americans loss of life. To the contrary, it is time to state that we have been successful, honor our dead and protect from further loss of lives. We should get the hell out and leave those countries to their own devices.
The defence contractors won't like it, but not to worry, we will find other countries that need our military. But not in a place that while we are defending them, they are avowing to kill us, just for not sharing their religious views.
How silly is that?
By the way"it's not all Moslems, just the radical ones" That quote sucks! You think that if some Baptist, Catholic, Jew or any other religion did something like the moslems did that we would say
"Oh we mean just the radicals." Hell no it would not be that way. It would be all the Baptists, all the Catholics, or all the Jews.
It is time to stop tip-toeing around these people.....Re: The New York Times, condeming the Catholics, and praising the moslems!

OK, I'm through, I had my say.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Pinky
I certainly agree with you, however now that one of our GIs went on the rampage and killed all those civilians in Afghanistan, we may be back to square One. Unfortunately.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
christiesdad
Pinky,

You know what? About being back to square one, you are absolutly correct. But here is a curious observation............when one of our drones, or a b-2 bomber drops a load of bombs from 25 thousand feet, and kills a lot more than 16 civilians, there are no threats of beheading, nor does the President appologize for this action? I am not advocating that this guy who shot 16 women and children should be hailed as a hero, but we can't just throw him under the bus either. He had performed valiantly up until the incident and as such should be helped with his own illness. After all who sent him over to Pakistan, (4 times).
And, the reason that Pakistan is mad at us for bringing him out of country is because they wanted a mock trial and behead him in public!
I suppose one could say that with the drones and B-2 bomber, those actions were ordered by the superiors and not taken as independent actions by one service man or woman.
But the indigent people were still just as dead.