Fishing License

In this discussion
Replies
Views
mild_mannered_super_hero
A redneck with a bucket full of live fish was approached recently by a game warden in Central Mississippi as he started to drive his boat away from a lake. The game warden asked the man, "May I see your fishing license please?" "Naw, sir," replied the redneck. "I don't need none of dem dere papers. These here are my pet fish." "Pet fish??" "Yep. Once a week, I bring these here fish o'mine down to the lake and let 'em swim 'round for a while. Then when I whistles, they swim right back into my net and I take 'em home." "What a line of horse sh-t....you're under arrest. The redneck said, "It's the truth, Mr. Gov'ment Man. I'll show ya! We do this all the time!!" "WE do, now, do WE?" smirked the warden. "PROVE it!" The redneck released the fish into the lake and stood and waited. After a few minutes, the warden said, "Well?" "Well, WHUT?" said the redneck. The warden asked, "When are you going to call them back?" "Call who back?" "The FISH," replied the warden! "Whut fish?" asked the redneck.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,091 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

christiesdad
Then, why, do they call us "Dumb rednecks?"
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
three

Your question ChristiesDad brings to mind Mark Twain's words: When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant that I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.
mild_mannered_super_hero
lol...good question cd, in my opinion we are smarter than non-rednecks. i guess it stems from lack of FORMAL education. the 2 smartest men i ever knew ,one had an 8th grade education, the other 2 years of high school. i never saw anything that either of them couldnt do, fix or even make if the situation required it.
gutenberg
Good story guys. It seems to me the more the non-redneck gets to be made a fool of the dummer the red-neck is portrayed. So one can judge how bad the non-redneck got taken in by the vehemence in the telling of the story by the non-redneck, just saying, Ed

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
gutenberg
I'M THINKING, I'M THINKING

Hmmmmm. I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I'm
not sure that what you heard is what I actually meant!

GAME WARDEN THINKING!!!!!

ED
three
lol...good question cd, in my opinion we are smarter than non-rednecks. i guess it stems from lack of FORMAL education. the 2 smartest men i ever knew ,one had an 8th grade education, the other 2 years of high school. i never saw anything that either of them couldnt do, fix or even make if the situation required it.   nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;

A Tale:

Everyone considered Joe to be a red-neck. One day two religious zealots came to his door and asked his wife if she'd like to learn about God and Heaven and Hell. She asked them to wait a moment while she went to see if her husband was interested.

quot;Sure, quot; Joe said after he came to the door to meet the zealots, quot;those could be interesting topics, but let me ask you a question first: A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff — grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is? quot;

The zealots were visibly surprised by this red-neck's question, and after thinking awhile said, quotHmmm, we have no idea. quot; to which Joe responded, quotDo you really feel qualified to discuss God and Heaven and Hell when you don't know sh_t? quot;

eddie
Cut it out G, we can let the Elite, Sophisticated, Intellectuals down, its not politically correct for them to feel superior to anyone else but us, Its our little redneck secret!
eddie
christiesdad
another tale:
When I was a lad my Dad told me that I would have to work with my hands all my life, because formal education was not in the cards for us kids. He said," but Son if you have to be a ditch digger, be the best damn ditch digger in the state Of Georgia" Well he was right I soon learned that I would have to be a ditch digger. But I started out as an electrician, and electricians dig about as many ditches as plumbers. It soon occured to me that if I had somebody working for me I wouldn't have to dig the ditches, he would.
So I broke out the old lamp and began studying to take my Master Electrician License Test.
After a year or so, I took the exam and passed it. Now I could bid the jobs like the big boys. I began bidding jobs and became pretty good at it.I soon had 15 guys on the payroll.......Hung up he shovel. The Irony is that most of my employees were NOT rednecks!

So much sweeter
Primeboy

Good point, Cdad. Many graduates of technical training programs end up hiring lots of people, including college graduates. College may prepare you on how to live, but technical training prepares you on how to make a living. Maybe it should be called quot;hire quot; education. nbsp; nbsp; PB