Just Another Waste.

In this discussion
Replies
Views
mild_mannered_super_hero
liberals kill more people each year than guns do...i can prove that statement too...... again, it will involve facts and logic so most lliberals quot;wont get it quot; but i`m game if you are, shall we put a wager on it to make it interesting??
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero

kt and myself have this discussion every year...i think i nbsp; nbspalmost have him won over to my side............seroiusly, i enjoy a good debate...let the chips fall where they may. peace all
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
KennyT
Ditto MMSH. Take care mate.
Past Member
my politics are a weird blend of conservative and liberal agendas...
KennyT
Just another waste today. I am dumbfounded at the stupidity and utter waste of human life and can only feel for the families of all those killed.

Those poor children going about their school day in all their innocence now not with us anymore. Now all these families are left to try to find a way to get through this and their lives will never be the same again. Why do these fools have to kill innocent people and not just themselves if they are that unhappy with their lot?

This is not a witch hunt but just pure abject grief at the senseless loss of life and the day these children lost not only their lives but their innocence.

Peace.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
christiesdad
Kenny,
I think that this is one time when you and I are perfectly attuned. This senseless act of brutality is unspeakable and leaves me with a sense of shame that I am a part of the society that spawned this animal. Nothing to do with our gun control laws. So lets not go there. Let us just loathe together this terrible, terrible un-human person and what he has caused those poor families to endure.
God be with and bless all of them.
KennyT
May peace be with you all.
mild_mannered_super_hero

i couldnt agree more, what a terrible tragedy. something is wrong with AMERICA.....and it doesnt have anything to do with guns. this counrty i love is not the same as it was when i was a child...... what a shame.
christiesdad
I, as I said earlier, am in complete agreement with everybody.

However, on the fox news channel, they were commenting about not only this senseless tragedy but others around the world. I never realized it before, but there have been similar acts in other countries as well. I regret that I did not copy the names of the countrys nor the city. But I was really taken aback when I heard what they were saying. I too, thought that it was only in America. Not so. There was one in Stockholm, 80 or so people murdered, another in Russia, almost 100 murdered. I do remember the athletes killed in Germany at the Olympics. Is sad that it happens in America so often. But we are not the only country that has to deal with the tragedy of such senseless killing.
Of course the number of victems makes it all the more atrocious--but if it were only one child..
it is still sickening.
mild_mannered_super_hero
i am going to add a little to this topic......after 9-11 we finally got the feds to go along with arming all {or most} airline pilots. how many plane hijacking have occured since?? the answer is NONE. is there any reason that every school principal in every school couldnt be instructed and then armed?? should the principal object on moral or religious grounds....then some one in authorityat the school could be . its foolish to continue allowing schools to be at the mercy of any wacko with a gun, knife, quart of gasoline or any other weapon he can improvise. had the sandy hook principal been trained and armed....this tradgedy could have been prevented or at least lessened. in every instance of this type, the killer carefully chooses a location where HE is the only one armed.
christiesdad
MMSH, I do not disagree with you one bit. There should be armed guards at the schools. I know here in Florida, we have what they call "resource officers". They stand at the main entance and when classes are in sessions they roam the school interior and the exterior.
The only thing that I see though is it is fine and should be handled by a trained gun handler. Most of your school principals are not. Now I am not disparaging against the ladies here but I bet it would be hard to find a lady principal willing to carry a gun.

Besides there is enough money wasted to place regular police officers in every school in the country. Sounds whacky don't it? What about the 150 billion that Alaska just received for hurricaine Sandy damage? That would pay a lotta guards salaries. I believe the term is called "pork barrelling"

Oh, I think they put U,S, Marshals on the planes, didn't they?

Again, though I'm with you on this Buddie.
mild_mannered_super_hero

nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp

there are no school shooting in israel.......i wonder why...???

christiesdad
For the same reason there was only one plane hijacking in Israel--they did not negoiate nor pay a ransom. The Isarealis knew that if they got hijacked they were screwed.We could all learn from them.
hometown
Hi All, I am going to jump in on this also. I totally believe we should have a police officer placed at each school, as they are trained for this type of thing, and anyone would think twice before trying to enter with a cop stationed there. A gunman wouldn't always go into the priciple's office right away anyway. The whole idea is to keep these people out of the schools. This whole tragedy could have been avoided if the mother of this boy had placed him in an institution where he belonged many years ago, as it isn't like she didn't know he was a menace to society. Love for a child is one thing but knowing your are keeping someone that needs constant watching was doing an injustice to him and all the people that he would come in contact with Just saying Joyce
KennyT
The Israelis arm themselves not from attack within their own but from outside. This is standard precaution against their enemies and not from those within which is the case with these disgraceful shootings in the schools in America. Why is it that these senseless shootings seem to occur in the US other than the senseless idea that if you give more people guns then everything will be ok? Yeah great idea. The way to help stop the problem is to arm more people.

Oh and by the way Hometown how do you presume to know that the mother of this boy had any inkling of the possible outcome of this and was aware of the state of mind of her child? It is easy to sit in the corner and point the finger at the mother but not at the real culprit. Give more guns to those in responsible positions so when they are having a bad time in their life let them take life in their own hands.

Go on Americans get more guns that will surely fix the problem. I suppose this is laughable from someone who is so called programmed to think the way I do being a Liberal and does not have the ability to think. Oh and I forgot the ability to "feel". I am glad I do and do not have to come up with inane ideas and defend the indefensible. Keep killing America.
mild_mannered_super_hero
the pot calling the kettle black ??
KennyT
Yeah if that is what you want to believe MMSH. Just another interested person hoping this carnage can be stopped. You seem more interested in your guns than in what is happening.
dls

Have you ever read the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. 'To keep and bear arms' is a protected right, not a privledge. The only 'gun control' we need in this country is getting rid of illegal firearms used by criminals. Most gun owners never fire a shot, unless they are hunters. As to those of you that think hunting is cruel--you should see what Mother Nature will do to 'cull the herd'. That, by the way is the purpose of huntng. Where I live the deer population is so big that you wake up in the morning to deer grazing on your lawn. I live in an urban area and this is downright dangerous. Ever hear of a fish-kill? This is Mother natures way of 'culling the herd'. It is not a pretty sight--it's horrific. Better an area be properly fished so the population can remain stable and safe.

Hermit

Don't you realize the thugs will always have guns! Why do you never hear of a home evasion in homes out in the country! Because we all have weapons and the thugs know it! Unreal the way some people think! Prescription drugs kill a lot more than guns!