THE COST OF GAS (BULL CRAP!)

Replies
Views
christiesdad
Lets face it, the politicians, both parties and all candidates are just dancing around the real reason for the high cost of gas. The speculators are greedy, the oil companys are greedy, the local Pakistani station owner is greedy! but the real culprit is the city, county,state and federal government. Guess what happens every time the price of crude goes up, yep you guessed it the taxes go up porportionately.
Can any one explain to me what we, the tax-payers, get for out taxes on gas? The lowest level, the city, streets have not been repaired or repaved in years. (ever notice how hard it is to see the road at night?) with the white lines hardly visible? Thats supposed to be maintained with our tax money. At the county level, Most counties don't even know where the city ends and the county begins! They still get the tax dollors...., The state level, want to to see good streets? Go to your state capital. For around three or four blocks surrounding the Capital Building, the streets a neat and well kept. But. the rest of the streets? Now for the biggie, The Federal Government... I suppose the money they collect goes for interstate highways, building and maintaining. But did you ever really look at some of those on/off ramps? It looks like they were designed by the students of a 4th grade class. And you don't hear a word about those taxes being used to pay down the debt.
The really big one? Those clowns in the GSA. Almost a million bucks for a trip to Vegas? It was known 11 months before they went, what the tab was going to be, and nobody said, duh!
;Remember in the last election how we threw all the good ole boys out and sent a whole batch of newbies to Washington to straighten everything out? Any thing get straightened out that you know of?
I will quit, for I know that I am just rambling on now, but that's ok for I am rambling on about a bunch of nothings anyway.
;Our poor Forefathers.....It only took us 2 and 1/2 hundred years to screw up the most ingenious plan ever devised! What a waste!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member
this bubble has burst before.

I'm ready to walk the 3.2-ish miles to werk.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate