What to Do

Replies
Views
airforce1

One minute, stoma going and next thing, I slowly down. In come the stomach cramps, they are swollen around stoma and very sore. Any ideas? Ring stoma nurse Tom.

ron in mich

Hi Tom, it sounds like you have a partial blockage. I usually drink some fruit juice or warm tea, then lay down for a while, going from side to side and massaging around the stoma. That works for me. But if the pain gets worse and maybe vomiting, I go to the hospital. Good luck, Ron in Mich.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

airforce1

Thanks, I will try that.

airforce1

Made doctors appointment for tomorrow. Feel like shit. Headache, stomach now going flat tack, and ticker feels like racing.

gee07

Hi, just seen another post from you. I have had a few blockages in the past. I always stop my food intake at once and keep drinking, but as a rule, I have found that the pain gets too much and I have to seek medical help. I wouldn't like to say it is a blockage because there is no way one can say by a letter, but really you should, which I hope by now, you have seen a doctor.
Cranberry juice is good for making your poo runny, but not a lot as it doesn't take much to do so. That's if it is pancaking or thick output.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister