Need help with leakage issues from Iliostomy indentation

Replies
Views
mordib48

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this. I have an Iliostomy and a deep indentation on one side. I use the stomahesive paste but I still have leakage problems from time to time.

tim1948

Wow, dude... With that indentation, I can't see anything that will help beside corrective surgery. Without a flat or convex surface, there is no way to make a tight seal. I would consult with your surgeon.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,381 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mordib48

I appreciate your comment. Amazing 2012 and no new way to correct this without surgery.
Thanks,

sooziq

Wow, been there done that. After 33 years with an ileostomy due to UC, I developed a dip that leaked a lot! Try Eakin Cohesive Seals, a convex faceplate, and an ostomy belt. It worked for me, no more leaks, 5 to 7 days wear time. Good luck, hang in there, it can be fixed. Do you have an ET or ostomy nurse or team you can go to? That is who I call or go to, the same young lady who helped me 34 years ago is still there! And she has the exact ostomy I do. There is always a fix for these problems, but it is very frustrating when you are going through it! Good luck, look up EAKIN COHESIVE SEALS, they will send samples, just call them.
Susie

callie

I have been reading about a new product that Coloplast has out called the Mio. It isn't in the USA yet but I called and it is expected to be on the market around the end of summer. It is more of an elastic fit so that you can stretch and mold it to your body (no more leaks). Also, they do have a product that is an elastic tape that is curved the same as the faceplate which also molds to the contours of your body not sure when that is going to be in the USA. Maybe you could ask someone overseas to send you a couple to try. This may be the answer instead of surgery. Hope everything works out for you.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
mordib48

Thanks for your suggestion. I am a vet. I do believe we have a nurse that might be exclusive for my situation. I have not contacted her because I believe the VA is always a step behind, but I will do so.

mordib48

Thanks for the update. I will do some research on this. Hopefully it will make it here soon for all!!!