Looking for fellow lesbians!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic is for lesbians with ostomies to connect, share experiences, and offer support to one another.
Zizi

Moonshine,

Of course it counts! There are lots of people who believe (and research seems to support this) that sexuality is not as much a black-and-white/gay-or-straight issue as it is a continuum. I prefer the label queer myself. Although my predominant attraction and affection is for women, I have definitely had meaningful and very real relationships with men, including with my ex-husband.

There also has been some research that shows some women experience a fluid sexual orientation during mid-life, so that a woman who never thought of herself as gay or lesbian might suddenly fall in love with another woman for the first time in her 40s. It happens. (And thank God it happens, amirite, ladies?)

I wish this thread were more active. Or that there were better ways to connect as a community.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ismini

Count me in too! Are any of you lesbians from the UK?!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
mswashtun

Yep, me too. I had my permanent ileostomy surgery when I was 9 years old due to Crohn's Disease. I'm 41 now and have played every sport available to me as well as been in lesbian relationships since I was 17 years old.

I never felt too much shame about it... except during showers after games... but I hid it well and my friends usually didn't know about it unless I chose to share it with them.

I'm still the same today, happy, free, fun, active, loving, open person. And I'm in what I pray is my last relationship in this lifetime with a beautiful woman who loves every part of me inside and out.

I joined this site in hopes that I could not only meet other ostomates but also to see if anyone could suggest an alternative bag due to my recent development of a skin tape allergy.

I hope to hear back from some of you!

Nicky-T

Hey DK,

I've only recently realized that I, too, am a lesbian. I wish I had known that about four wives ago, though.

So, no, you are not alone (in that respect at least).

Have fun and keep that smile on your face.

NT

Past Member

Count me in!!! I am bi

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Primeboy

Most aspects of our life are always somewhere in between things; and, Zizi, I think you are on to a very interesting point. If we break our life into 8 stages (e.g., Erikson's), we might find that our interest in or companionship with one gender may be greater than the same in or with the opposite gender during certain stages or critical times. I use the word gender here because I do not want to paint this phenomenon as primarily sexual. As women age, they do tend to become closer friends with each other. Certainly, men move in similar directions. (Consider all my golfing partners.) I don't think there's much socio-emotional research out there yet on the direction of this topic, but wait. I suspect we ain't seen nothing yet.

PB

laura67

Me too

Happy to meet you. Just had my surgery 2 months ago. I finally found my way to this website.

So good to find some peers.

#AwestomySauce
Reply to DJK1983

Hiya, I am NB pan/queer. Just had my ostomy installed September 2020.

I have been struggling to reintegrate myself socially but saw your post and wanted to say hi! We are not alone!

Hugs and love to you DJK1983!!!

I haven't bought membership but you can email me at

jenny147

Hi there!!

Today (24-12-2021) is the anniversary of my ileostomy, four months on problems still seem to pop up. After seven months of ill health brought about by UC, I ended up having emergency surgery.

I'm not a doctor, but I think with the way things are going, I am going to end up needing more surgery to have what remaining bowel there is taken away.

I'm lesbian, reading this thread has given me heart.

There is so much to read on this site, so pleased I found it.