Back passage Removal

Replies
Views
nikkixx
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site, I have an illeostomy for the last 5yrs due to crohns disease on thur 3rd May 2012 i am going in hospital for surgery to have my backpassage removed as it has been giving me a lot of trouble over the last 12months as crohns is present in the stump, foam and everything else has been tried and it just dosent work anymore so it has 2 come out, i am afraid not of the operation but when i wake up just dont want 2 be in any pain!
If any one has any advice it will be much appreciated! Nikkixx
Past Member
Don't be worried about pain. I had mine done and cant remember being in any real pain after my op, modern anaesthetics are wonderful things... spaced man!!!. When your off the powerful pain relief the healing process will be well under way. The minor discomfort you will encounter will be so worth it when all those complications your back passage has been giving you are a thing of the past. Just look forward to no more drugs and foam. The best of luck, DD.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,319 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

nikkixx
Thankyou so much for your reply i hope this is the case for me also.
kook
I had this surgery last June and was really scared as it is very difficult to get my head around, however I had good pain relief immediately after surgery and was back home within the week.
The healing process for me has been quite lenghtly, I have been told this is normal. Please don't worry, I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery.
mooza
AWWWW Im sooo sorry have i missed surgery date ???? I went through this operation in 2008 and yes that rectal foam didnt help me with my crohns and stricture right above the stump that was left after the 7 previous ops ..BIGGEST THING HAPPENED TO ME WAS I HAD AN AWFUL IFECTIUON 3 DAYS POST OP ----PLEASE TRY NOT TO EVEN USE THOSE TOILETS UGH sorry but my supposed rectum was gone with water pouring out ,also needed blood transufusion which seemed to make me sick as soon as it got to my blood stream -no they didnt listen until next day i was told "Oh you had a bad reaction to your blood type " well BLOW MEE DOWN ugh ...

I was in for 10 days and couldnt seem to feel any better for a much longer time i still have mucus weeping 4 years later but was told "normal in crohns patients " UGH what a load of shite ..so sorry if you i have missed you . BUTTTT good luck this was my experience only , and looks like it wasnt as bad for some other people on here seems we cant all have the perfect operation or more saying after the Damage is done ...If only i knew i would of left having my stoma and rectum intact butt we dont know the future plus was my 8th operation since 1995 so i guess having severe adhesions saying this mite be your first adn last operation maybe if i only had the 1=2 operations things might have been better in my circumstances ---------If anyone doesnt reallly need too much surgery i would say these days HELL NOOOO , except for plastic surgery hahahaha TRUE xxxxxx MOOZA X

oh btw my real probs are ADHESIONS - SEVERE SCAR TISSUE DAMAGE I HAVE NO FEELING IN MANY PLACES ON TOP OF THE ABDO- GOING TO TRY AND GET ACUPUNCTURE A FEW DAYS A WEEK FINGERES CROSSED IT WILL BE ON MY MEDICARE SO I DONT HAVE TO PAY SPENT LOTS OF MONEY ANOTHER TOOL IS A TENS MACHINE.. LOL HELPED FOR 4 WEEKS ALSO LYRICA HELP PUT ON 8 KGS THUS THEN GETTING 2 LOVELY HERNIAS, THAT HAVE BEEN UMMM FIXED IN MARCH LOL STILL WAITING TOO CHAT WITH SURGEON ON HOW MY ABDO REALLY LOOKS I WANTED ADHESIONS SOME HOW RELEASED LOOKS LIKE IT DIDNT WORK BACK TO MY VISCERAL PAIN AGAIN SORRY BOUT THE CAPS TOO LAZY TO TURN IT OFF HAHAHA CHEERS AND BEST OF LUCK MOOZA REM- WE R ALL DIFF ...XXXXXXX

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member
Hi , I had this surgery done almost 4years ago, like you i was having probs with leaking but i had UC, the doc wanted me to try rectal meds i told him i wanted it gone. you get great pain relief, but would advise you to get a doughnut (cushion) as it will help when sitting, found mine great
i dont know if i spelt that right, sorry. hope this helps all the best braveheart.
ron in mich
hi nik i have to disagree with braveheart and not get a donut pillow as they tend to spread the cheeks and cause discomfort i would recommend an egg crate type of pad or pillow, good luck with your surgery and a fast recovery. ron in mich
Past Member
you would want to have very big cheeks for them to spread with a doughnut cushion.
Past Member
Bob Marley likes his donuts "wi jammin"
nikkixx
Hi everyone

Thankyou so much for all your comments

It has been nearly 6weeks since my op and apart from an infection in my stitches in my bum its been fine. Most of the pain was from my stomac and drain area which is still sore i think all the stitches have dissolved i am able 2 sit on my bottom with out any help! still a few twinges but i feel fine so happy i am not in any pain compared 2 before the op i feel loads better i am back at my home now i can take care for myself i still have tired days which reminds me i am not 100% i hope i will be able 2 go back 2 work in the next 2/3 weeks otherwise the bordem of tv is going 2 finish me of! i havent had a fag since the 2nd of may hope this continues when i return 2 work. Nikkix
bob.hewson
Over 3 years without a smoke or drink and then I get cancer, not saying it is not the best thing I have ever done and how much extra money I have now, but it really sucked for me. but I will never smoke again, even with the cancer I feel a lot better now not smoking.

Glad to hear about your improving health, hope you are soon able to even kick watching The Days of Our Lives, That should drive anyone back to work,

Good luck,

Bob
nikkixx
Hi bob

Thanks for your reply me and my sister use to watch days of our lives lol! if we r on about the same one the american one! Havent sean it for some years. Over 3yrs with out a smoke or drink then u get cancer that does suck! hope your health improves take care. Nikki
Past Member
Mine came out when my ostomy was put into place. Good luck.