Reversal and Other Procedures Complete ;)

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Laura59

On April 18, I went in for my surgery. I am left with about six inches of healthy colon, lysis of major adhesions (again), four anastomotic sections, and reversal of ileostomy. Thankfully, I had an epidural this time! Three days after surgery, I threw a pulmonary embolism, so the epidural came out and all the various protocols for that started. Hospital stay of 10 days. So happy to be home and in my bed. Lol. Hurts like all get out, trying to balance walking enough with rest... and I am not good at that! Even with the discomfort and exhaustion, I do have to say that I feel healthier inside than I have for the past six months. I still reach for the bag, feels weird. I am happy to have this reversed, but also realize that my future may hold it for me again. I learned so much on this forum. Thank you all... and I still come on here to read and occasionally post.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

notexpectingthis

Congratulations to you, Laura!!!!! I hope your future holds many healthy, happy days!!!!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate