Hard to meet

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Scrabo1975
Hi,

Ive been reading allot of storries abd comennts on this site and thought i would join as im keen to meet/chat other people going through similar probs that i am and have an undertanding of what we have to deal with. I have had an illeostomy since i was 17, i am now 36 so you could say i am used to my bag/illeostomy or as i call it Ozzy...I had to have surgery after just 9 weeks in hospital with ulcerative colitis, my colon and all of large bowl had to be removed, i have actually dealt with bag etc very well considering and thankfully not had any real probs apart from probs with pilonidal sinus that required surgery 12 years ago and again recently, i have had 3 operations since last aug and been off work and pretty much house bound since then whisch has been hard being closed off from the real world....I am hoping to get back to work soon as things have improved well lately, looking forward to getting back although abit worried starting back after 10 months but im sure i'll get there, one step at a time....

The only other thing i struggle with is confidence when trying to meet the ladies with Ozzy plus i am also disabled, i am only 4 foot tall and cant walk too far although to be honest i try to forget about it and get on as if i am able bodied, not as easy the older i get, with this and my illeostomy i just feel my chances of meeting the one are less than good. I am very independant, went to standard schools and have worked fulltime since left school and have good bunch of longterm friends who treat as normal.....just still have the akwardness trying to meet new women who dont know me....

Cheers

Steve
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Primeboy
Hi Steve,
Welcome to this site. This is a very friendly place with quite an interesting and diverse membership. No doubt you will find lots of kindred spirits here who are more than willing to share experiences as well as seek advice. Glad to have you with us.
John
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Scrabo1975
Thanks John