About Me

In this discussion
Replies
Views
The Bag
Just found out about this site as I am a lifetime member as of 3-30-09.
Had UC in 93, wore the bag for 11 months. Now I've turned 40 and for my milestone b-day, I was blessed with Crohn's and the bag! Just wanted to get on here and chitchat with you folks that are walking in the same shoes I am. Talk shop, you know, all the things we ostomates deal with on a daily basis. Anyone out there, I'd love to talk. I am in Cleveland, Ohio, had my surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. Actually, right now I'm still on the mend. The doctors put a suprapubic tube (for urine) in me as well, so there is no activity out the back or front. I go back on 9-18 to get opened up again to remove my "J"-pouch from '93, make sure the healing is complete, take the "P" tube out, staple me back up, and only have to deal with the ostomy bag.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,101 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Dromulis

Hope things go well for you. I was diagnosed with UC in '04. I found out I had it when I went to the emergency room because I didn't have enough strength to walk. The doctors said, "Well, you have to have surgery and put a bag on ya." So I was like, "Well, what are my other choices?" He said, "We can send ya home and let you die because your colon is about to explode." After that, I was in the hospital for a couple of weeks. Then they released me without even showing me anything about my new friend, except for one nurse who said, "I think this is how it goes on." So since then, I have had no stoma nurse or anything like that. I just kinda learned on my own. Having no insurance is a bummer.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
The Bag

Sounds like we both been through hell and back again. That UC got a hold of me and knocked me on my caboose. I was pale from losing blood, especially the red blood cells. I've never been a big person, but at my weakest moment before surgery, 114 pounds. I was knocking on death's door.
Had all 3 ops, 11 months later I had to learn how to crap again from my rear.
Then hit yet again with Crohn's and a lifetime member of THE BAG club.
Keep in touch, dude. I'll be lookin' for you.

Loopin

Oh goodness - keep smiling y'all - will be thinking of you across the pond - it's always reassuring that there are others - chin chin XX