Back passage removed

In this discussion
Replies
Views
nikkixx
Hi everyone,

just to let u know i had my surgery last thursday hasnt been that easy but i am so glad it is done! At my mums being looked after still have my staples in which are being removed on monday , have a sore bum! feel tired most of the time and looking a bit pale but doing ok it will take time to recover i am getting so bored of tv! Nikkix
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

weewee
moms to the rescue i know mine was there for me also
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
DH
Hi nikkixx, I know what you are going through. It will get better. It took me about six weeks to be able to sit without discomfort but the soreness does go away.My staples were the dissolving kind. Didn't have to be removed. Good luck with your recovery Donna
Past Member
Hi Nikkixx speedy recovery i know its all soreness and pain but in the long run you will be better having had the rectum out. Do you have a air cushion there wonderful things to sit on,i had one couldnt have done without it.. chin up you will soon be back to doing activities.. tc ambies...
tim1948
Get one of those cushions to sit on it will help. Sorta shaped like a small toilet seat. I have been assless for 4 years. I can wear my underwear for days with no skid marks.. wwwhhhheeee!

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
ash1712
Like alot of people i know it's strange waking up with staples holding you together and with your arse crack stitched together, but it's only a few months of pain and discomfort but when your fully recovered you get a feeling of comfort and confidence. It's a real relief for the rest of your life if all goes well. Take your time and don't try to rush recovery get some dvd box sets and try make the best of the situation. If you haven't already seen it i'd recomend Blue Planet on dvd.
Juuust_James
Boy, I can sure relate to the "SO Bored of TV part" I have been a big TV watcher in over 20 yrs. I went thru 4 surgeries total (last being 7 yrs ago). and my method of quick recover was walk till i was tired -take a nap -then get up and walk again. After getting my rectum out (finally :p ) in my final surgery -they told me not to drive for a week -I was driving in 3 days! LOL and without a cushion. still 7 yrs later now I still get phantom pains once in a great while which boggles my mind