Rainy Day, where is my mate ?

Replies
Views
schneckerm88
Hello everyone out there, would like to know if there are Ostomates in Wheelchairs in Aussie Land, plus having the Supra pubic catheter aswell ? My social life is restricted for , don't have friends who are general only an Ostomates. would like a friend in Victoria Australia of course with her or him to share outings, which are like movies, Lunch or just correspondence. I got a group calls the survivior, which many of people with a disability started many years ago. I attend most Tuesdays, but none are Ostemates. Though I can't share with them. Not very good at writing, never learned english in the Grammatic sense. Can only travel by Maxi taxi and just short trips..for the costs are quite expensive, even on half price... thanks to the generosity of our Goverment !!!
I'm expecting about 100 replies..hahaha oops just kidding, but please have a good day where ever you live. Would love to be like this witch hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhehehehhhhheehee
Green Eyed Lady
Hi, I don't have a specific answer to finding a "mate" with the exact same limitations, but here in the USA there are tons of ostomy support groups where you can gather as a support/friend group for activities, information, planning events, helping others facing impending surgeries - or those who already have the surgeries, but are totally new to having them. We are one big support group/family if you think about it. If you have such support groups in Oz, then I'd head there real quick. This is where you will find others in your situation - and then new "friends" who you can do stuff with. You guys will all have the same "limitations", so that makes it even more fun as "situations" may arise (if you know what I mean)! It's a great opportunity to laugh and grow just like every other single soul on this earth! I hope maybe some of this helps you. PS: If there's not a support group, then start one! It could be life-changing - and, there are many ostomates in Oz, too! You just might not know about them. Good luck!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,368 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.