Adhesion

In this discussion
Replies
Views
LincsGuy

Recently, I found that certain toilet papers I have used when changing leave a film on my skin which makes adhesion of the flange to the skin a lot less. So, for the first time, I now use a fast-drying skin barrier such as LBF from CliniMed - now adhesion is better than ever before!
Has anyone else had the same problem with toilet paper?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Hi Lincs, I've used toilet paper only a few times and used the very best, but found it made my skin sore. There is glass in all loo roll, but I have used barrier wipes for years now and have no trouble. Take care, Ambies.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
mooza

Glass in toilet paper. Wow, what next? Glass in your wine. Phew! XX

notexpectingthis

LOL! Mooza, you always make me laugh! I like my wine in the glass - not glass in my wine, thank you very much! Love ya, girl!

I had no idea there was glass in TP - I use gauze when I change because that is how the WOC nurse taught me to do it.

I need some faster drying spray, so I am definitely gonna have to try this out!!