MOLD ON JELLY

In this discussion
Replies
Views
christiesdad
I got another little tip for ya.

Being somewhat lazy and hating to go to the fridge every morning to retrieve the jelly for my toast, I leave it out on the counter top next to the toaster. I discovered that after a while of not extricating some jelly from the jar, a mold formed on the top of the jelly. No matter how tight I put the lid back on after a couple of days, this putrid mold formed.

Voila!!
I found the solution. After using the jelly, put the top back on and place it on the counter top upside down. No mold will form, nada, nothing, nary a spore. I suppose it has something to do with not being able to get air on top of the product.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

bob.hewson
In Australia, your jelly is called jam and what we call jelly you call jello.

Being somewhat lazy myself, when I leave the jam out my wife puts it away and I have never had your problem of mould.

Being somewhat lazy I find it much easier to get my wife to make my toast in the first place.

Bob
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
christiesdad

quot;In a perfect world.................... quot; nbsp; nbsp;But my wife is confined to a wheel chair.

I am the only care provider.

You are lucky Bob.
your chemo seems to be working,
you have a loving healthy wife,
and, you have solved your erection problem, nbsp; nbspHe, Heh.

Just kidding you Bob