Struggling with Dating After Surgery - Need to Vent!

Replies
Views
garfish

Great attitude.

wise2stoma

I was still am exactly like you. Except with my husband, Jay. I used to get hurt as a child more because no one wanted to be my friend. There would be 2 reactions I always got. (1) Sympathy (2) Disgust. Nothing else. I thought I was destined to spend the rest of my life alone! But I was so wrong. I told Jay about both my bags just 2 days after meeting him. I'd invited him to watch DVDs at my flat and he started to move his hands to cuddle me, one hand reached my stomach and I knew he'd feel them. I went into the spare room where I kept all my clean bags and up to that very second I had no idea how I would break the news but then it hit me! I picked up one of my clean bags and hid it behind my back 'til I got in the room. I told him to brace himself, then I placed the bag in his hand and said "Do you know what that is?" He said, "Ah... One of them bags..?" I said, "Yes, I have to wear them." His immediate response was "So what!?!" I couldn't believe it. Then I said, "I don't just have 1, I have 2.." Once again he said, "Do what!!? If you want an honest, unprepared answer then my way of telling someone here you exactly that!!!!!! Trust me** Please contact me if you have questions. Thank you.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,460 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

wise2stoma

I was still am exactly like you. Except with my husband, Jay. I used to get hurt as a child more because no one wanted to be my friend. There would be 2 reactions I always got. (1) Sympathy (2) Disgust. Nothing else. I thought I was destined to spend the rest of my life alone! But I was so wrong. I told Jay about both my bags just 2 days after meeting him. I'd invited him to watch DVDs at my flat and he started to move his hands to cuddle me, one hand reached my stomach and I knew he'd feel them. I went into the spare room where I kept all my clean bags and up to that very second I had no idea how I would break the news but then it hit me! I picked up one of my clean bags and hid it behind my back 'til I got in the room. I told him to brace himself, then I placed the bag in his hand and said "Do you know what that is?" He said "Ah... One of them bags...?" I said "Yes, I have to wear them." His immediate response was "So what!?!" I couldn't believe it. Then I said "I don't just have 1, I have 2..." Once again he said "Do what!!? If you want an honest, unprepared answer then my way of telling someone here you exactly that!!!!!! Trust me** +44 7851796157* Please contact me if you have questions. Thank you. You are guaranteed to get their 100% honest reaction!!

wise2stoma

GUEST, I've had an ostomy all my life, 30 years counting. But it's only since meeting my husband on 10th May 2010 that I've started to accept myself. My husband has taught me..!