Coming to your town soon

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Pinky
I hope! It's not coming anywhere near my town, but I'm working on it! Also, ladies (and gentlemen) - read the first line...it's not just ostomates that get dumped!

Darkness Shows Us Worlds of Light We Never Saw by Day
In the prime of my life, I wasn't at all prepared to give up body parts to tumors (benign and malignant): a hysterectomy, quickly followed by a double mastectomy. Sadly, a divorce soon followed. I was so low, I was looking up at down.
Slowly, through that dark pit of time, light began to emerge that was more revealing than any I'd seen before. Life altering insights were gained in that light. I wouldn't be the same person today had I not dealt with cancer. My body suffered a blow, but the inner me experienced a very positive alteration!
The mixed media on the cover of this issue is entitled Darkness Shows Us Worlds of Light We Never Saw by Day" and is by a person diagnosed with cancer from the 2010 Lilly Oncology On Canvas: Expressions of a Cancer Journey Art Competition and Exhibition.

Lilly Oncology On Canvas: Expressions of a Cancer Journey is an art competition and exhibition that honours the journeys people face when confronted with a cancer diagnosis. This biennial competition invites individuals diagnosed with any type of canceras well as their families, friends, caregivers and healthcare providers to express through art and narrative, the life-affirming changes that give their cancer journeys meaning.
Oncology On CanvasSM was started in 2004 by Eli Lilly and Company to help address a great, unmet need in cancer care a need that goes beyond medicineto help those affected by cancer cope with the emotional toll of the disease.
Artwork from the 2010 competition continues to tour cancer centres, hospitals and patient advocacy group events.

Exhibition Schedule through next year:
http://www.lillyoncologyoncanvas.com/Pages/Exhibitions.aspx
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

notexpectingthis
This is awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate