Wafers

Replies
Views
frizbeekid

My supply company no longer carries the wafers, I was using and comfortable with (Eakin)

The supply company sent me (Hollister, Adapt), and (Coloplast, Brava). I just used the Hollister today and the wafer seems to be, sorry, popping through the hole I cut in the bag. Is this common or did I just have a mess up? I haven't tried the Coloplast yet. Maybe somebody can shed some light on the matter.

Frizbeekid

gee07

Frizbeekid,
I've read your post twice and am still not too sure of what has happened.
You say the wafer came through the hole you cut in the bag, do you mean a small washer that you can put around the stoma and the flange/wafer over that? If it is the washer then perhaps it melted and came into the bag hole.
If you could perhaps explain better, then I'm sure myself or others could help you.
Gee

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,369 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Green Eyed Lady
Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you used to use the Eakin seals and now use pastes (like Adapt paste) instead? If this is correct, then both barrier seals and pastes should soften and expand to fill the gaps between the stoma and the wafer opening so that you don't leak. Sometimes my seals soften too quickly and I get tiny bits sloughed off into the bag opening. No biggie! As long as the bag opening isn't totally "closed off" with the pastes/seals, it's OK. Also, I can still get my Eakin seals through my supply company, so you might want to look for another supply company because they're still being sold. I used to use the paste, but the rings work better for me. I hope this helps!
frizbeekid
Hi Green Eyed Lady, thanks for your response to my questions and concerns. I'm not speaking about paste although I do use paste in time of need. I have been using the seals/wafers barriers if I'm saying that right for a better seal, but I think I will have to redo tomorrow. These new seals are thinner than the Eakins, not sure if I like them. I'll have to find a supplier that carries Eakin seals. I also have to keep in mind paying through my insurance.

Wanna trade?

Frizbeekid
frizbeekid

Hey Gee, yes I'm talking about the wafer that came through the hole. I had just put it on and noticed about an hour later that it pushed through the hole in the back of the flange that I cut out to fit around my stoma. I'll have to take a picture and post it.. They say a picture says a thousand words, I'm hoping for just a sentence.. LOL

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister