Freestyle VIE Flushable

Replies
Views
Carolw

Hi all, has anyone tried the Freestyle Flushable Pouch? If so, what did they think of them? Look forward to feedback. xxxxxxxx

keysgirl

It's been awhile since you posted, but I didn't know about the freestyle flushable, but will check it out. I've been using the Colo-majic flushable liner which I love. No more playing with poop. You just put it in your two-piece pouch, and discard or flush. Change as often as you like. The price is about $65 for 300 liners. I don't flush them at my house though...I don't want to take that chance. I got them from C M ostomy supplies. Peace Love in the Universe...

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

weewee

The best advice is don't flush anything but poo and paper. Anything that isn't biodegradable isn't flushable. Know how would I know this? Hmm, well, as a Roto-Rooter tech, I got to play in a lot of poo and main lines from people not understanding how things worked. Tampons, baby wipes, and many other things that say they are flushable are not. The companies set up a perfect scenario to do the flushing, but they don't look at how old your pipe is and having roots or sludge build up caused by products not breaking down. And if you live on a septic tank, then don't flush the bag or anything other than poo and paper.
I liked my job before my main line broke on me, so I still have to watch what I put down it or it plugs up the same way. And then here I go calling the doc to Roto-Rooter me, and it's costly at that.
Talk to you all soon.

jcheg

Yes, I have been using Freestyle Vie Flushable for about 3 months now and I have had no problems with them at all. Most of the time, they flush on the first try.

I used to use Impact Flushable, but they were very hard to separate. The Freestyle has a whole new way of splitting the pouch from the outer. I would recommend them to anyone.

I should also add that I took them to Spain for a week and they flushed just as easily.

Julia