What to Wear to a Baby Naming? Need Dress Advice!

Replies
Views
lanabana
Hi,
I have to go to a baby naming in a week and a half, and I am very nervous about what to wear. These are all family, but they all live out of state, and I haven't seen any of them since before the surgery in May. My bag tends to have everything go to the bottom, then get really fat, and I don't want it to be too noticeable. I have worn things that I thought would be fine, and it's looked like I have had an erect penis, and I am a girl. I found a dress that would work, but I wear the bag horizontally. Does anyone have experience with that? Girls and women, for nice dresses (not fancy), what styles work best? Any stores you have better luck with?

Thanks so much,
Elena
FairyGodmother

I have found that a dress works best and to find one that has some gathering and or pleats to the side of your bag. That way you keep your shape, but the pleats on the side can expand and not be noticeable. They seem to be in style right now. I would then wear my bag hanging down. I am starting to work on fashion designs for women, because after 3 years of this, I feel your uncomfortableness. Enjoy the time with family.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,433 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Boo
Hi lanabana,

I find a couple of things helpful. One is vests by Yummy Tummies; they tend to give the illusion of flatness even when a bag is quite full. Also, I'm not sure if you have this brand in America, but I've definitely seen their clothes on eBay: Cabbages & Roses dresses. They are often empire or A-line and hide a multitude of sins. Although they don't show off one's figure in a traditional way, they make legs seem longer and look fabulous. So, I hope you enjoy the event. Lx
honeygirl
Hi lanabana,

I agree with wearing a dress. As an aside, you can also go to www.ostomysecrets.com and take a look at the undergarments/wraps that they have. These work well with bathing suits as well. They are so professional and helpful when ordering by phone as all of the employees are ostomates and know what you are dealing with.

Also, I have had some success in the maternity shop for pants/jeans as the band holds the bag in place and distributes the collection quite evenly.

Hope this helps.
dee05

Hello
Not sure if this will help.. but I've always folded my bag. I bring the bottom upward then if you have a bowel movement it's hardly noticeable because it's up by your waist and not by your pelvic. Try it out and let me know how it works for you...good luck

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
lanabana

Can you send a link to the vest you are talking about by Yummie Tummie? I have heard of Yummie Tummie and they have a ton of stuff, I just can't find a vest.
Thanks everyone.