Looking for Stretchy Sash to Cover Stoma Pouch - Any Recommendations?

Replies
Views
hotstuff
Hi everyone, I saw in a post a while ago a stretchy sash-type thing that you could put around your waist to cover your stoma pouch. I think it was really meant for women to cover up any skin showing over their jeans and as a fashion thing. I did not save the link at the time, though, unfortunately.

I don't really like to squash my stoma pouch. I'm just interested in stopping it from flapping about under my t-shirt when in the sea and water. Maybe a bit of tape would be better. It just leaves sticky bits all over you, which is why I was wondering about the sash. It might also make it less obvious if my t-shirt lifts up.

I am not ashamed of my stoma at all, I just want to make myself look as good as I can. Does anyone know the website? Or do you think that it would be no good? I tried searching the forums but had no luck.
Lobster
http://www.comfizz.com/products/ostomy/level1/ladies.html

These people do something similar to what you might be looking for.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,367 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

DeanRox

Phoenix makes a product called an Ostomy belt. I use them and they secure the bag very well. I get mine from Edgepark Medical Supply. Good luck and God bless!

hotstuff

Great thanks a lot to all that replied. That is the sort of thing I was after.

toffee apple

Hi, have a look at the Comfizz website. I've got a couple of these; they are comfortable to wear and offer light support. They are a unisex shallow waistband.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
KCClaire
They also have some wraps at www.ostomysecrets.com. I have also discovered that some bandeau bras can be worn as an ostomy band if they don't have cups and have some stretch to them. They have some bandeau bras at www.tillys.com for a very low cost. I like the smocked ones because they are stretchy and comfortable. I am a size 10 and have found that I have to order a large or extra-large bandeau bra to fit around my hips. The lacy ones I usually have to order in extra-large. I have also found some inexpensive bandeau bras at TJ Maxx and Marshalls that work well as ostomy bands.