Traveling

Replies
Views
Mart

Hi folks. A few were asking about traveling and flying. I recently took a flight to another country. The security was fine. I only made one point to them: I had an appliance. They got a male security guard and then he put gloves on and went down the area I pointed out gently. They were good about it and after using the wand also for metals to check for security, a normal thing, I was let go on my way, only taking two minutes or less. No hassles at all. Upon the return flight returning to the USA, there were no checks at all. So, all in all, it was good. Also, my vacation went well. No problems whatsoever.
;mart

Mrs.A
Hi Mart,
That's great news! I myself have never flown, but I have heard many horror stories about how some folks have been treated. Maybe they really have been educated since then.

Alice
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Barry98

We went to the USA and Canada from Manchester via Frankfurt late June this year. I had my Braun pump with the stoma covers, spare bags, KY jelly, and all the pills, etc. The ONLY problem I had was a case with the phone chargers, laptop, and cables. Everything else (including me) sailed through. The airports were:
Manchester, Frankfurt, Detroit, Washington, Frankfurt, and Manchester
The airline was Lufthansa, and I did send them a letter before the trip explaining about the stoma and the pump
Enjoy your trip.

Bumba

I fly all the time and never mention my appliance or surgery. Never had a problem - national or international. Keep traveling, it's very broadening!