Reversal with a Hernia

In this discussion
Replies
Views
latina63

I think I have developed a hernia on my stoma site! With only about 6 weeks before my reversal. Hopefully they can repair it when they reconnect. It is not too bad right now, but it is uncomfortable when walking. I guess as a woman, I have done too much lifting, working, etc.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Pinky

I doubt a hernia will stand in the way of your reversal. Best of success with that!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
mouseuk

Hi Latina, my husband developed a fairly large hernia on his stoma site earlier this year just before they were about to perform the reversal. They warned him they would have to do the reversal and then sort out the hernia at a later date so we thought okay. However, during the surgery, they managed to pull things together and repair the hernia at the same time - so don't give up hope - sometimes things work out better than you anticipate. Good luck!

Rabbit

No worries! Had hernia with each stoma - both were repaired just fine. But I don't do sit-ups or the like just in case. Good luck!

Past Member

I had a colostomy reversal six weeks back. I had a hernia sorted at the same time. Reversal fantastic. Free of bags after 18 months of illness. Hernia needed a big incision and still leaking a little. Small price to pay for getting my body back.

Certainly perfect timing when having a reversal to do a hernia as well. Kind of buy one get one free!

Wish you well.

George.

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister