Looking for a custom hernia binder with colostomy hole - any recommendations?

Replies
Views
Julie

Today I saw my surgeon (after not having to see him for 4 years!) and he told me my colostomy and very large hernia are here to stay. My insides are too messed up for him to try any more surgeries on my abdomen. He did tell me though, that I need to wear a binder for the hernia with a hole cut out for the colostomy. He said there are some out there that can be made specifically for your needs. Does anyone know who makes these / where I can order one?

Mrs.A

Julie,
Hello, where do you get your supplies? Did you check there?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,377 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Julie

I get my supplies at Bryam Healthcare. They do have binders. I guess now I'd like to know if anyone has one that they think is comfortable.

Mrs.A
Hey Julie,
I did a quick search for ostomy binders and came up with this.....http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=124464. I don't know if it is what you are looking for but thought I would show it to you.

Mrs. A
Julie

Thanks, Mrs. A, that was helpful. I was really hoping there would be someone on here with reviews on some...

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Mrs.A
Try YouTube....
TerryD

Hey, I am using the NuForm (?) ones sold through Byrum, the hole is custom cut to fit. I get the lightweight ones, the Velcro is very good and stands up well. When you call, you will need the size of your flanges...I wear them nearly every day, but definitely for walks and exercising or housecleaning etc. Good luck! I hate the hernia, but like you, no surgery in my future!

Take a look at these guys, the company is in California. http://nu-hope.com/products/belts/index.php
jostler

Try eBay. Also, I'd seen some on a site a couple months ago. Can't remember where. It wasn't hard to find, though. Start with Edgepark.com and go from there. Seems there are links everywhere. God bless!