Let's be heard

Replies
Views
peter_saskatoon
2012 is the year for World Ostomy Day celebration. The theme this year is LET'S BE HEARD . The worldwide celebration will take place October 6, 2012. However, in Canada we will celebrate World Ostomy Day on September 29.
Join in the celebration of World Ostomy Day, which is a celebration of life, supporting people who go through ostomy surgeries for diseases, birth defects and trauma.

Vist our website and considering making a donation. http://www.ostomycanada.ca/donations
Past Member
so, just wear my bag on the outside that day?
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,315 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill
Hello Sinfulsot.  

The theme for the ostomy day is 'let's be heard' so whilst your bag is on the outside you might be able to make it fart!
peter_saskatoon
Saskatoon Ostomy Association had a great day for World Ostomy Day. See blog here:
nogutz
Lets Be Heard....What a great theme.We need to be heard,so the people going through their surgeries and becoming a Ostomate understand.We need to speck out to make their experience a little easier,comforting and to know they will leading healthy lives again.As many of us do.They need to know how to get the information and the support.When they need it!

Great Job Peter

Tom

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Marilyn
Hello Sinfulsot and Bill, Thank you for making me laugh.
vulcanBMk2
OK so Ostomy is serious , but we dont go shouting about it in UK . In my case , I dont put up with my Urostomy --it has to put up with me !!!

I dont need to tell the world or ask my bags permission before I do anything ...

Of course I realise that not every one is URO. not every one lives in my neck of the woods .
Past Member
well if there can be a whole month dedicated to breast cancer, i think the world can stand to hear about ostomies for a day.

ot everyone is so open, Vulcan, but your attitude about your uro is superior!
vulcanBMk2
Just checked the " Interest-0-Ometer " on this subject...Yep 249 views 6 post !!about par for the course ----Another Idea that went down as well as a Fart in a Diving suit.
Past Member
So, on that day, i am just going to say to all i meet, "Hi I'm Antonio, I have a colostomy". I might even force some gory details down their unsuspecting throats.
firedup
I am having a big body sandwich sign painted right now that states "I have an ostomy" and a megaphone on hand. On that day....I will be wearing it down the street yelling "Let's Be Heard!" On second thought, I think I'll put "Let's Be Heard" on the sign and yell "I have an ostomy!" Think anyone will notice? G
gutenberg
Hey Gail, how goes our smiling ostimate, how about this for your sandwich board:

Ah shits in a bag, wanna give it a try!

Matter of fact right now I'm!!!!!!!

Bet that would garner some attention, Ed
Mrs.A
Hey Everyone,
This is the link (if I can get it to post) to what I found to be the latest information on where events are being held on Ostomy Day. I tried to put it in the Event at the top when I posted the information but couldn't. Here is a copy in case it doesn't work you can copy and paste to your browser.

http://www.ostomy.org/files/events/wod_asg_plans_20120926.pdf

As you see it has some city's and states and a bit of information I hope will be helpful.

I'm going to see if I can go. I think it would be cool and maybe get some free giveaways. I would like a bracelet and information on the latest products available.
Primeboy
After looking over some online materials about Ostomy Day, several considerations came to mind. First, ostomies are not really problems but rather efficient solutions to incredible problems. Unlike programs that promote greater awareness of diseases such as cancer or HIV, Ostomy Day seems to be a celebration of life as well as an expression of gratitude to all those magnificent people who have made our lives worth living. In this group I would naturally include loved ones; but also, let's remember our health care providers and appliance suppliers who have committed their time and energy to giving us a better quality of life. Second, there's also an ulterior motive which involves enlightened self-interest. Medical resources are rapidly becoming limited, and the squeeky wheel will always get the oil. We need to make sure our politicians don't reduce our access to sufficient supplies under Medicare or Medicaid. As I've said before in many posts, we must become our own best health care advocates. So, happy World Ostomy Day tomorrow, and let's be heard! PB
Past Member
That makes today World Ostomy Day Eve!!
Past Member
Have a great day guys!

vulcanBMk2
Well that Was! fun ...lets do it again sometime ???