Those poor people!

Replies
Views
christiesdad
Here we go again, with more of the same rehetoric, (?) again. Obama was going to cut the red tape so that FEMA could get in to those victems of hurricaine Sandy. He lost his scissors??

The only concern there seems to be is getting power restored. Which of course is critical. But even more so is food, clothing, shelter and attending to medical needs. These people need these things right now, not after another investigation.

The mayor has even asked the Army to take over handling the situation. Good Idea! Get General Honoree, (the guy from New Orleans, during Katrina). He would whip things up.

Can you imagine, not having any food, your clothing has all washed away, you are trying to find shelter under a roof that the rest of the house has blown or washed away, and it is not even your house, but one of your unfortunate neighbors that you are using? Can't go anywhere, your car is stuck between piles of debris, having been under water. And still not having seen a living soul trying to give assistance. Poor fathers and husbands are desperately trying to figure out what they can do for their families and there is nothing they can do.

Had the election waited until now, we would have a different president, I think.
mild_mannered_super_hero
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/hurricane-devastated-nj-town-rejects-non-union-alabama-electrical-workers/
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,362 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

gutenberg
Hi MMSH, your link is no longer working but I found the story and it was really maddening to hear the workers from Alabama went all that way and were turned down because they weren't unionized, I can see a big blowup when this is finally cleared up. We sent down crews from the Atlantic Provinces and they were welcomed, I didn't know they were unionized but we'll be finding out soon and hope to hell we don't have a big storm and have to call them back because I hear they're doing a great job and are appreciated. One would think after Katrina this foolishness would be a thing of the past, guess you can't cure dumbness. Take care friend, Ed

And this is what the children think. This is only one of many sent to Nova Scotia Power.
grateful kids.