It was bound to happen...

In this discussion
Replies
Views
JuniorsMom
Three cats, two dogs, it was bound to happen. I found the tiny bite marks several hours after changing my one piece pouch today. I held and stared at them my as I tried to digest it all.

I was expecting to move into a longer wear time with the arrival of the cold weather. Hmmmm. Super glue, duct tape and the like didn't seem appropriate. Guess we'll try those cover the hole things, I have a million of those.

Guess I will stop laying out my change supplies in an easy access area. A real biter this situation. LOL
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

moonshine
Let me get this - the pets are messing with the bags before you put it on? I used to lay out my supplies in my bedroom and hope my stoma would not be active.....I cover stoma with gauze pads as soon as i am out of shower..I use adhesive spray, a barrier ring, and adhesive paste around the opening of bag.. apply when dry and hold onto skin for 60 seconds to activate glue...of course you need to put clip on end of bag right away. Keep supplies in the bathroom where cats cant get to em.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
JuniorsMom
Thanks for the information.