Left or Right Brain - Cool

In this discussion
Replies
Views
gutenberg
Interesting...
This is one of those great emails that show when you are using the Right or Left side of your brain.
If you see the pix exactly as it is, you are using the Left side. When you stare you will see the figure shift; and you will be using your Right brain.
You can switch back and forth. Stare to go to Right brain (it sort of trances you out or puts you in an altered NON THINKING state).
Begin thinking and reasoning about it and you will move back out of the altered state into Left brain thinking.
You will enjoy this if you are using the right side of your brain; I think this is very good.
Stare at this picture carefully and you will see this man turn his face.

Share this with your friends if you saw him turn his
head
Hell, I had his head spinning, or was that mine, Ed
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

firedup
Ed, I'm not sure what you mean by seeing the pic exactly as it is. I first saw the guy from the side then the front. Hope that means I'm not normal......lol.......Take care, Gail
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Past Member

Sorry. as normal as can be.
gutenberg
Hey Gail, i just looked at the pix again and be damned if I can remember which image I seen first, see what a big help I am. It is an interesting exercise though. Ed
Primeboy
It's exciting to know that different parts of the brain are associated with different functions. Thanks to studies done on head injuries of soldiers in warfare, doctors have been able to associate whole clusters of mental behaviors with specific sections of the right and left lobes. Math and verbal skills are thought to belong in the left hemisphere while music and art in the right. What I find most fascinating are attempts to involve our whole brain in the learning process, not just one side. Psychologsts are now advising against turning off the radio while studying because music can activate the right lobe and thereby enable the left lobe to function more effectively. It's almost like putting Humpty Dumpty together again. We have been deconstructed as humans in so many ways for so long that our parts have received much greater attention than our whole. Look at how the medical profession, for example, is set up to meet our needs: almost like a parts department at the auto repair shop.Well, we're a lot more than the sum of our parts and we are not going to take it any longer.PB

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
gutenberg
Hi PB, i think i'll need a lot of those parts I lost to make up the sum of our parts, see what I mean, this doesn't even make sense to me!!Ed
gutenberg
hey Gail, if he's looking at you you're not in your right mind!!! Does that help, Ed
firedup
Well Ed, he's looking at me some of the time. Guess that means I'm not in my right mind all of the time.....lol.......Take care, Gail
Primeboy
Perception is much more subjective, Ed, than one would believe. Sometimes we see what we want to see, Other times we see what we are trained to see. Imagination isn't always fiction. It's real image-making. I remember the story of an angry father who scolded a school psychologist for showing his kids dirty pictures on an ink blot test. Yes, our mind colors and alters our preception of reality because everyone of us is wired so differently. These images help us appreciate what a piece of work is man.
Bill
Hello Ed.  I have tried several times with this but I can only get his chin and nose to turn. The top half stays looking to the front.  Does this mean that I am using my right and left brain whilst intermingling with with the lower and upper brain.  Or does it mean that I'm demented - I suspect the latter!

Best wishes

Bill
Xerxes
Hi PB,

And yet we share 98% of our genome with a chimpanzee and yes 50% with a banana. There is a God!

X_
Xerxes
Yes PB, that is the beauty of evolution. Lateralization of the cerebral hemispheres does have it's advantages. But all those neurological disorders that come with it.

X_
Xerxes
PB, I have an interesting perception to discuss although it might be more philosophical:
Is a zebra a black animal with white stripes or a white animal with black stripes?

X_
Primeboy
There are more disorders in heaven and earth, Xerxes, than are dreamt of in your phenomenology. Suffice it to say, my apologies to the Bard, that a zebra by any color is still a zebra. PB
gutenberg
I gather from what you are saying the Bard didn't know the answer either.
Primeboy

I gather from what you are saying the Bard didn't know the answer either.[/quote]

Somehow, Ed, I think the bard was more concerned with the question than the answer. Could it be that the right question is worth a lot more than the right answer? nbsp; nbsp; Go figure. nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;PB
Xerxes
PB,

Now that is philosophical! Ah, the meaning of Life.

X_
Xerxes
Ed,

I agree with you, I think that is what PB is saying. Perhaps the answers lie in ourselves and not in our stars? Sorry Bard.

X_
Anoniem18
No just that you're using the wrong head.
bob.hewson
A zebra is black with white stripes that is if it is not white with black stripes.

When I look at the photo I see a photo of me looking at a photo of someone looking at me. what does that mean?
gutenberg
Bob, Bob, you gotta remember to remember to take of the lens cap, giv'er a try, Ed
Xerxes
Bob,

Perhaps you are looking into a mirror? Hope you are well.

X_