I have an ostomy and I enjoy life to the fullest

In this discussion
Replies
Views
administrator
Site Admin
Hi everyone.

As most of you know, the month of August was proclaimed to be the month of Ostomy Awareness by the former USA President Ronald Reagan.

We, at MeetAnOstoMate.com, firmly believe that the ostomy surgery should not be known as the 'secret surgery', but rather as the 'life-saving surgery' which allows millions of people around the world to continue enjoying the beauties of our lives.

The goal of this website is to help everyone free their minds from negative thoughts and to discover the strength of our bodies, the love in our hearts, and the beauty of our souls. We should be grateful to be alive, be able to laugh, have friends and families, travel the world, contribute to society, and do good. What brings us all together here is not our surgery, but the fact that we are great, diverse, fun, and loving people. We have members on this site from all walks of life, different ages and cultures, with a variety of interests, jobs, and understandings. Our wish is that all of us, when we come to our little online world, leave all bad things behind and enjoy the company of other members, make friends, talk about interesting things, and connect in all other possible ways.

And most of all, let's not forget that if we want to be able to openly speak about our surgery with friends and loved ones, we should make the first step and proudly tell the world about who we are and what we have overcome.

Yours,

MeetAnOstoMate.com Administrator
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,101 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mooza

Great outlook and totally true. Hope I can speak to you one day. Cheers, Mare-Mooza, Melbourne, OZ.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
janice

You are so right. This site is a godsend!

Past Member

Hee hee. I find this post cute as it's posted by our anonymous administrator.

Happy October month everyone!

corncob

I think I'm in love! Thank you so much for making me smile and feel so good about myself! God bless!

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
Past Member

Thank you, Admin, for an inspiring, wonderful message. I'd like this message to remain as a reminder of the important goals in our lives. Cheers, Julie

panhead511

Excellent post!!! Made me smile and kept my spirits high. Thank you!! Chris

junopete

To the Administrator, well said. I would love to see that on the front page of all the newspapers.

Rick.....