Planta Facitits Operation re Crohn's

Replies
Views
mooza

Does anyone have bad feet? I have had chronic Crohn's for years now, too many operations... I have had 26 injections and severe foot and leg cramps. So, has anyone had this operation done? The doctor said I can walk straight away. Doesn't sound like that's right? Any information I gladly need to know. Merry Christmas all...

Orange72
Mooza, I had fascitis plantar after a 10K race in which i failed to strech afterwards and clearly wore the wrong running shoes. It was extremely painful and I had it for about 3 months but it did go away. are you completeley sure you need the operation? After i got it I found that it was a common problem among runners.
As there is not much you can do, but handle the pain and wait, it was desesperation I felt of the pain and the inabiltity to run. (of course now I have a lot more problems that that! =) as this was before my colostomy)
I used all Lonol, bristaflam. flannax and all kind of muscular creams and gels under the sun as the doctor said to rotate them. Also massaging the plant and the achiles tendon at the same time gave me some relief (first the massage and then the cream) Also one friend told me to massage my foot with a glass coke bottle, just lay it side ways and run your sole on the bottle, and it feels good!
I was recommended some soft shoe inserts that have a hole in the heel that you can buy at the pharmacy, they worked mildy but helped when I had to be standing up for a longer time. It was very stressing as I could not walk anywhere, that is not more than a block. I had to drive everywhere and then in christmas i went to NY with some friends and I did have to walk, so I injured further my feet. It was worst in my left foot bt shortly I had it in both feet.
Also a friend found me a kind of sock that has the gel built into it, so you were the, under your own socks and that feels like a relief, it kept me going in NY.

Of course I had to step down of my high heels,platform, shoes and buy orthopedic soft soles shoes (which I hate) but they did help and I would have to change shoes maybe twice a day as the ones that feel confortable, were killing me at the middle of the day.

But it did go away, as all my running friends told me it would happen. Hope this helps, as it I know it is painful and can take you away from your normal simple activities.
Have a Merry christmas!!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,315 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

dentalguy22
Hey Mooza, I have feet problems as well due to my surgery. They cut me so low that they hit some nerves. Now I have sponges for feet. They do hurt from time to time and I do get leg cramps as well. I'm wondering if your problem is like mine and related to post-surgical issues. For the leg cramps, my doc said my potassium was low and I was dehydrated. I took the supplements, drank the Gatorade, and so far so good. Still have sponges for feet, however. Hope all works out for you, my dear!

~DG~