Meet and talk to 20,116 OstoMates

Insurance Coverage Colostomy Reversal

Posted by ze1dude, on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:59 pm
I am 12 months post colostomy and soon seeking a reversal. Has anyone had trouble with insurance covering reversal. Thanks !

Reply by yaya, on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:45 pm
ze1dude.. Hello.  I had the reversal done in March of 2011.. Two weeks ago I had a temporary ileostomy made due to fistula.  I am waiting for the fistula to heal so I can have the drop down again.  I guess what I am trying to say is that I have had the stoma, drop down, stoma and will have another dropdown when I am fistula healed... (At least that's my plan.  I have had no problems with insurance coverage for any of my surgeries. )  It's a long journey we are on and sometimes the road is all uphill..but it does get better and I wish you much success with your reversal.  While it's not perfect, it's so nice to not worry about a bag and leakage and smell and .. well you know.  Take care and best of luck.  Jody

Reply by Bigboi, on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:32 am
i too am in need of a reversal, I have taken all tests besides the final Pre-Op tests they require to start surgery, and im Good to go, besides the fact i dont have medical insurance Or $27,000
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.