Insurance coverage colostomy reversal

Replies
Views
ze1dude
I am 12 months post colostomy and soon seeking a reversal. Has anyone had trouble with insurance covering reversal. Thanks !
yaya
ze1dude.. Hello. I had the reversal done in March of 2011.. Two weeks ago I had a temporary ileostomy made due to fistula. I am waiting for the fistula to heal so I can have the drop down again. I guess what I am trying to say is that I have had the stoma, drop down, stoma and will have another dropdown when I am fistula healed... (At least that's my plan. I have had no problems with insurance coverage for any of my surgeries. ) It's a long journey we are on and sometimes the road is all uphill..but it does get better and I wish you much success with your reversal. While it's not perfect, it's so nice to not worry about a bag and leakage and smell and .. well you know. Take care and best of luck. Jody
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bigboi
i too am in need of a reversal, I have taken all tests besides the final Pre-Op tests they require to start surgery, and im Good to go, besides the fact i dont have medical insurance Or $27,000
julchen09.sr
Reply to yaya

Thank you for the info, I will have reversal surgery next month as well...at least thats the plan.