Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,312 members

Constantly leaking

Posted by lindielou, on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:43 pm
Hi,
I had a colostomy in July and my urostomy  in October. My urostomy leaks several times a day Spending a small fortune in supplies, tried adapt past different rings nothing has worked. I really want my life back Any suggestion would be welcomed, thanks, Linda
Reply by iMacG5, on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:55 pm
Hi Linda.  I know nothing about urostomies but will try to offer some help.  You're not having any problem with the colostomy appliance so let's try to figure out what's different.  I'm guessing liquid is getting under the wafer.  I can only suggest a couple things like making the skin is completely dry before applying the wafer.  If there's any space between the stoma and the wafer eliminate it with an Eakin seal.  Beyond that an ostomy nurse would probably fix this up immediately.  Good luck and post again if you need help.
Sincerely,
Mike
Reply by iMacG5, on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:01 pm
I forgot to suggest heating the wafer (and the Eakin seal) with a hair drier.  
Mike
Reply by Katykiah, on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:35 pm
Hi I had mine August 2012have had nothing but trouble with I have had so many different pouches it's quite got another yesterday it's sticks to skin and held with a belt I also have a hernia the last 3 days I have had terrible pain inthe top of my stomach any suggestions I am new to this  so any info would be helpful I have stopped going out since a good while as I am afraid people can smell it or it leaks as it does very often thanks kk
Reply by iMacG5, on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:36 pm
You might try a website that's more specific to your needs.

http://treato.com/Colostomy,Spina+Bifida/?a=s  is one .

Wishing you the best,
Mike
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.