Full Rise Briefs for Men

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Denton

I have found a good pair of men's briefs which have a high rise and cover up the stoma area. It is a Munsingwear Full Rise Brief. If you don't need a separated pocket for your bag, you might be as relieved as I am to not have an appliance exposed and still choose a brief over a boxer.

I purchased a couple of two-packs (black and gray) from Amazon. I'm very happy about the discovery.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,108 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Primeboy

I have tried different types, including boxer briefs and boxers with ostomy pockets. The most important thing for me, however, is to keep the band away from the lower part of the flange. Contact there will lead to pressure possibly separating the bag from the flange. What works best for me are low risers where the band is well below the flange. Whatever works for you is best.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
iMacG5
StartFragment

Hi Denton, I'm becoming expert for mysituation and hope it might help others. Covering the stoma just doesn't work for me except with loose pants withsuspenders.  If the waistband of myshorts covers the lower part of the flange the skin gets irritated when I exercise,walk the treadmill, cut  and wraptree limbs, etc.  I also make“pockets” for my T-shirts so the pouch doesn't hang below my outer shirts orsweaters.o/o

Hope this helps.o/o

Mikeo/o

EndFragment
iMacG5
Sorry, next time I'll preview and edit my post.  Mike
trudel
Hi Denton, reading your blog just makes me realize how lucky we are here in England to have our NHS. We have excellent medical care which is free at the point of delivery. And when you have certain permanent medical conditions, we get much-needed help and supplies for free. People over here with permanent ostomies get all our prescriptions free of charge. That means all ostomy supplies and any other prescriptions. Also, we are entitled to 6 items of special underwear per year. There are quite a lot of designs to choose from, both men's and women's. The ones I use are very comfortable and supportive. Long live the NHS. Best wishes, Trudel.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister