Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,179 members

Ostomy Problem During Warm Weather And Exercise

Go to page: Previous  1, 2

Posted by Big spender, on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:24 am
Hi Mama
I had an urostomy in 2008 and had leaks fairly regularly but particularly after gardening or even bending indoors. I always carried extension strips for emergencies. It was only recently that I discovered a pouch that suits me.
This is a pouch with a surround as flexible as elastoplast (band aid ) and whereas previously when I changed there was always signs of an edge lifting..... now when I change it is still stuck down as if I had just put it on.Laughing

I have a short stoma and now use a convex pouch from Hollister............
29701 Moderma flextend con uro .............That is for my particular sized stoma. I feel sure there are other manufacturers making similar products but I have not seen them. The flexible surround is just great and really stays put!! I'm sure they will also have similar products if you don't need a convex pouch. Ask your supplier for up to date info.

I agree with what our friend from South Florida said of his climate. I live on the English Riviera in Devonshire and excessive persperation (ladies) is not a problem.
I wish you well in your search.
Go to page: Previous  1, 2
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.