Stealth Belts: Any experiences with horizontal ostomy bags?

Replies
Views
redrockhiker

Has anyone tried the Stealth Belts? How do they work? The ostomy bag has to be horizontal - is that a problem? I had never thought to put it anyway but vertical. The website states how one can do water sports and all kinds of things with this Stealth Belt.

Xerxes

Red_,

I have an equivalent belt (different name). Yes, to serve its purpose, the appliance has to be put in a horizontal position and yes, I have found this to be problematic.

X_

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,423 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Steve7809

Hi! Yes, I bought a Stealth Belt and it works great. They make them custom, and because I have an Iliostomy with more of a liquid output, I had them sew it to fit a diagonal attachment. I think it cost $10 to $15 more, but it works! I just put my pouch on at a 45-degree angle. No problem emptying. I don't wear it daily. I just put it on for activities like golf or swimming, or even if I just want some extra concealment. Don't think I spelled that right. They are a little bit spendy though, at about $120, but worth it.

Hot for teacher

Yes, I purchased the Stealth Belt for about $120. I knew summer was coming so I wanted to have additional coverage under my suit. However, I personally have not been completely satisfied with it. It moves around and isn't that comfortable. You do have to put the bag on sideways and that makes it difficult for draining. Also, the pouch of the belt is rather unusual in size even though you give them the dimensions of the bags I use, causing everything to bunch up which is easier to detect under clothing. My priority for getting this costly item was to reduce chances of exposure/detection. I am only 5 months into my ileostomy and very self-conscious. I was hoping for better results.
I have purchased 2 items from ostomysecrets.com that I use a lot more and feel better wearing. The Stealth Belt is specifically designed for athletic and swimming activities. I still have open rectal wounds so both of those options are not available at this time. I should have waited to make this purchase and asked more questions.

white rose

I have not tried the Stealth Belt myself, the horizontal position of the bag would have to be problematic for emptying the pouch. I use the Nu-Hope ostomy belt and I love it. It is great for preventing hernias, as well as providing good bag support. Something else that might be of interest, you can send them your garments, girdle, or compression shorts and they will install a ring for your pouch. I think the cost for this is about $26 per garment.

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
VistaCove

I have both an ileostomy and colostomy. I have also lost weight since ordering the belt. It just seems to pull the bags loose, so I stopped wearing it.