Reversal May 17, 2013

Replies
Views
JimH
Just to let all you fine people know, 14 months ago after my 5th attack it was emergency surgery time... No, my surgeon and hospital did everything right. It's just I only ever got a little sick. I never experienced the pain so many suffer. No less, April 2, 2012, I wake up with a colostomy... To say it was a relief would be an understatement. I have felt so good in the last 14 months. I realize I was sick for at least 5 years prior.... The BIG QUESTION: do I go back for reversal? So I did.... Finally, after two meetings with my doctor... I was told yes, it will hurt, recovery will take time, and yes, there are always possible complications.... I am currently 14 days into NO BAG. Yes, it's kind of funny. Do I miss it? Not sure. I have a good day, then a "bad" day. The bad is getting shorter. By bad, and this is the way I get through... My butt is not used to things coming out, so what happens is regardless of size, it feels like logs.
I do not have as yet any great issue with gas, foods, etc.... My surgery originally removed my sigmoid colon. My stoma was really my whole large intestine working, so the reconnection was that part which was working wonderfully to my ass, which had a 14-month break.
Bottom line, I believe everything is going to work. At least at present, it is. And yes, there has been one day so far I thought about going and playing on the freeway... As a matter of fact, tonight was Smash Burger, choc shake, and haystack onions, and I may be pissed I ate it in 24 hrs, but we will see.... Life is good and so it isn't.
If anyone wants to know anything, I may be able to answer outside of the form. You can usually look me up on LinkedIn, Jim Hennessy.
Mrs.A

Congratulations on your successful reversal. It is always a pleasure to hear of folks who can return to the world of the bag-less and blowout-free. Life is interesting, to say the least, and many roads are traveled. Best wishes on your continued recovery.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,370 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

monty

Good for you, but please don't forget us.