The Power of the F Word: Does it Really Matter?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
iMacG5
Pursuing the origin of this most versatile word, consider Satan's reaction to the BIG BANG. "WTF? He could do that?  I'm gonna dig me a hole and just hide out for a few".  

Just a thought,

Mike
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

ron in mich

I definitely agree this is a fine f---ing article to read on this effing forum, and would say WTF do you want now when my bro comes in the door but not when my boss comes into my work area. Ron in Mich.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
lighthouse

Wow, I don't know how to start because I can't stop laughing. However, being 64, when the word became everyday language, I was appalled, especially when I heard ladies
using it. I never heard the word until I was in my late twenties! Yes, I find it useful
in certain situations, but still old school propriety keeps me in check. I cannot understand
the fascination with the overusage, but WTF. I have never posted before and am not
sure where/how it works, but thanks to all for the education and the giggles. I needed it today!!!

iMacG5
Hey lighthouse, glad you posted and please keep giggling.

Mike
Xerxes
Just jump into the pool.

X_

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Primeboy

An actual internal monologue of an aspiring nun:

A novice was walking down the corridor when suddenly she tripped up. She yelled out in pain, "Oh Christ! Oh God, I said Christ! Oh shit, I said God! Oh, fuck, I said shit! Oh, who wants to be a fucking nun anyway?"

I like to think of this as a linguistic epiphany. Whatever will be, will be.

PB

three
Those nuns are a real hoot — never a dull moment:
iMacG5
My Aunt was a Nun, a school principal in the Felician Sisters Order of St Francis.  My 2nd cousin was a Nun in the same order. Two of my male 2nd cousins became priests.  I was an alter boy until my junior year at an all boys Catholic high school.  Holy fuck!  How did I get here?

Mike
Xerxes

PB,

The bard never loses his touch, I see. Happy Father's Day!

X_

Primeboy
What kind of grades did you get in spelling, Mike?
lavagirl

It's a sin if you've never seen The Christmas Story. I have the DVD and I keep the TV tuned to the all-day marathon during the season. LOL

iMacG5
Hey PB, thanks for the reminder.  My grades in Spelling were the same as those in Punctuation, ABCs or numbers from 1 to 100.  I don't remember.

Mike
Xerxes

Lavagirl,

You must love that story. An all-day marathon????

X_

Primeboy
There you go, iMac. It had to have been your penmanship! I bet you did not master the Palmer method.

PB
weewee
I had the same grade "F" and there's another "F" word lol
iMacG5
Thanks again, PB for the reminder.  The writing method I attempted to master was that promoted by the Nuns at Holy Cross and, especially, Sister Mary Josepheta and her 12 inch wooden ruler.  The knuckles on my right hand still smart from her "encouragement".
tweetybird

Hey Mike,

Nice read for me as I'm at work and need a diversion for a second or two...

You have such a positive attitude; and, most of the time, it's needed in this f'n life!

Take good care
Tweetybird.

Slow momma

I used to use those bad words way too much, but once I got saved and started living for God, I have learned to control my tongue better. I use "shoot" and "what the fudge" when I get upset and such. It is kind of disgusting to sit back and listen to a group constantly cussing nearly every other word. It all comes down to thinking before we speak.

garfish

Brain in gear before tongue in motion.

Jupiter
Fuck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck
Fuck is an English language word which refers to the act of sexual intercourse. It is also often used as a profanity, either to denote disdain or as an intensifier.
Fuck (film) - List of films that most ... - Fuck (disambiguation) -
iMacG5
Hi Jupiter, thanks so much for the link.  It warms my heart that Wikipedia would invest the time and energy into that research.  There's hope.

Mike
christiesdad

The other night, the neighbors were having a little get-together. About 6 young people, guys and girls, were sitting around under their carport and smoking pot (I guess it was pot), and as the night progressed, their talking got louder and louder. One of them would try to make a profound statement, and the sentence began with the "f" word and it was used about 3 or 4 more times in the same sentence. It seems that they cannot describe anything without using that word so many times as to not even remember what they were talking about in the first place. One sentence went something like this, "F*** man, I F***ing went to this F***ing place, and there was this F***ing chick there, and she was so F***ing hot, man, I was F***ing blown away!" I presume he meant that the place he went to, there was a fairly attractive young lady present, and he got somewhat excited?
About being "blown away," remember the movie "10" with Bo Derek in the scene where Julie Andrews was lying in bed with her breasts exposed and asked her husband (can't remember who played that part, Dudley Moore??), "Do you want to F***, or not?" I never felt the same about watching "The Sound of Music" again.

Xerxes
Hi CD,

Yes, it was Dudley Moore. Can't blame him for preferring Bo.

X_
gutenberg
I've aleays had a vulgar mouth and the people I used to work with didn't seem to mind a bit, probably because they always came to me when something went wrong with their machines, anyhoo, one day my boss said I should cut out the foul language for a while and see if anybody notices. Ha, and so I started with golly, and gee whiz and darn and within a week one of the girls came up to me and said if I kept up this shit they were going to kick me in the balls, so naturally I wen t back to my usual, allright who fuc%&# this up this time, and things went back to normal, somebody had told my boss about this episode and he got a great kick out of it, ED
three
Too funny!
Xerxes

Ed,

I think that deserved a raise. Did you get one?

X_

gutenberg
Well Xerxes, you could say yes and no to that question, just like a politician!!!!
iMacG5
You know Jack, we could've been one of those kids with the exception of the pot and the girls. In my day pot was only available in the ghetto and we were happy with Luckys, Chesterfields and L&Ms.  The other difference is (in Trenton at least) girls didn't use the F word and the guys respectfully apologized if we slipped.  A friend told me the first time he heard a girl use the F word he was in 9th grade.  Nobbie Bobbie said it and my friend said it gave him an erection for three days.  Wow!  Times have changed.

Mike
KennyT

Hey Ed, I am still laughing at that.

three

WARNING: This video contains copious amounts of the "F" word: