Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,313 members

The "F" word

Posted by iMacG5, on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:49 am
Thanks again, PB for the reminder.  The writing method I attempted to master was that promoted by the Nuns at Holy Cross and, especially, Sister Mary Josepheta and her 12 inch wooden ruler.  The knuckles on my right hand still smart from her "encouragement".
Reply by tweetybird, on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:14 am
Hey Mike,

Nice read for me as I'm at work and need a diversion for a second or two...

You have such a positive attitude; and, most of the time, it's needed in this f'n life!

Take good care
Tweetybird.
Reply by Slow momma, on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:35 pm
I use to use them bad words way to much but once I got saved and live for God I have learned to control my tongue better. I use shoot and what the fudge when I get upset and such. It is kind of disgusting to sit back and listen to a group constantly cus nearly every other word. It all comes down to think before we speak.
Reply by garfish, on Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:12 pm
brain in gear before tongue in motion
Reply by Jupiter, on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:44 am
*** - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/***‎
*** is an English language word which refers to the act of sexual intercourse. It is also often used as a profanity, either to denote disdain or as an intensifier.
*** (film) - ‎List of films that most ... - ‎*** (disambiguation) -
Reply by iMacG5, on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:43 pm
Hi Jupiter, thanks so much for the link.  It warms my heart that Wikipedia would invest the time and energy into that research.  There's hope.
Mike
Reply by christiesdad, on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:30 pm
The other  night,  the  neighbors were  having  a  little  get  together.  About  6 young  people,  guys  and  girls were  siting  around under  their  carport  and  smoking  pot  (I guess it  was pot) and as  the  night  progressed  their  talking  got louder  and  louder.  One  of  them  would  try  to  make  a  profound  statement  and  the  sentence  began  with  the  "f"  word  and it  was  used  about  3  or  4  more times  in  the same sentence.  It  seems  that  they  cannot  describe anything  without  using  that  word so  many  times  as  to  not  even remember  what  they  were  talking  about  in  the  first  place.  One  sentence  went  something  like  this, "F*** man  I F***ing  went  to  this  F***ing  place  and  there  was  this F***ing chick  there  and  she  was  so  F***ing  hot, man, I  was  F***ing  blown  away!"  I  presume  he  meant  that  the  place  he  went    to,  there  was  a  fairly  attractive  young  lady  present and  he  got  somewhat  excited?  
About being  "blown away" Remenber the movie "10" with Bo Derek in the scene where Julie Andrews was lying in bed with her breasts exposed and asked her husband(Can't remember who played that part,  Dudley Moore??) "do you want  to F***, or not?"  I  never  felt  the  same  about  watching  "the  Sound  of  Music "
again.
Reply by Xerxes, on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:12 pm
Hi CD,

Yes, it was Dudley Moore. Can't blame him for preferring Bo.

X_
Reply by gutenberg, on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:33 pm
I've aleays had a vulgar mouth and the people I used to work with didn't seem to mind a bit, probably because they always came to me when something went wrong with their machines, anyhoo, one day my boss said I should cut out the foul language for a while and see if anybody notices. Ha, and so I started with golly, and gee whiz and darn and within a week one of the girls came up to me and said if I kept up this shit they were going to kick me in the balls, so naturally I wen t back to my usual, allright who fuc%&# this up this time, and things went back to normal, somebody had told my boss about this episode and he got a great kick out of it, ED
Reply by three, on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:49 am

gutenberg wrote:
. . . and so I started with golly, and gee whiz and darn and within a week one of the girls came up to me and said if I kept up this shit they were going to kick me in the balls . . .

Too Funny!
Reply by Xerxes, on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:36 pm
Ed,

I think that deserved a raise. Did you get one?

X_
Reply by gutenberg, on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:20 am
Well Xerxes, you could say yes and no to that question, just like a politician!!!!
Reply by iMacG5, on Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:07 pm
You know Jack, we could've been one of those kids with the exception of the pot and the girls. In my day pot was only available in the ghetto and we were happy with Luckys, Chesterfields and L&Ms.  The other difference is (in Trenton at least) girls didn't use the F word and the guys respectfully apologized if we slipped.  A friend told me the first time he heard a girl use the F word he was in 9th grade.  Nobbie Bobbie said it and my friend said it gave him an erection for three days.  Wow!  Times have changed.
Mike
Reply by KennyT, on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:23 pm
Hey Ed I am still laughing at that.
Reply by three, on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:35 pm
WARNING — this video contains copious amounts of the "F" word:

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.