Pressure Wounds

In this discussion
Replies
Views
brandyto81
Hi,
I am trying to find some help. I keep getting pressure sores around almost where the bag stops indenting. I don't know what bags to try. I have seen a stoma nurse several times and she keeps having me use bags with no convexity to them and they fall off immediately. I wear a Coloplast with a belt that has the convexity to it. I may be all confused on my wording. She tells me I need a softer bag. My stoma doesn't stay the same, sometimes it sticks way out and sometimes it is flush with my skin. I guess I just need to find somewhere to get a bunch of free samples to try and get one that will work correctly. I have had an ileostomy since '99. I recently lost weight so that is why I think I am getting the pressure sores but just don't know how to fix them. Also, I guess I just wanted to vent. Well, anyone with some ideas help me out please.
My name is BRANDY
I turned 28 yesterday, 9-6
CD since 14, only 8ft of small bowel left, nothing else
have port in my chest for fluids everyday.

O K O K I babbled enough for now, thanks
Um, I lied. Is there any way to speak to people by email or phone? I know it says it will delete your contact info so I was just wondering.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,090 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member
Hey, welcome on your first post. You might want to post this same question on the "ostomy related" section of this forum...here's the link https://www.meetanostomate.org/discussion-forum/viewforum.php?f=18

I would suggest you Google Convatec and Hollister (located in your state even) and talk to their customer service reps....they will send you some samples of different types to try.
Be sure to request a few of the "Eakin rings" from both of them. I believe they might give more holding power to the flat type base. Good luck and God bless.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
facingmyfears
Hi Brandy,

First and foremost, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I've only had my ileostomy for a little over a month, but I do understand the frustration of finding a 'fit'. I will tell you that, just as our very kind and helpful friend, mild_mannered_super_hero suggested, the vendor customer service reps can be ever so helpful and they are more than happy to send samples and talk you through the process of finding the right 'fit'. Honestly, if you find the right rep, he/she will laugh and cry with you. They've heard it all!

O.K. let's see if this gets through the administration screening: I use Edgepark Medical Supplies (www.edgepark.com) .... ask for x3513, Mark...he's an angel.

Good luck, sweet girl! You'll find your path, and we will be here to help you!

Sharon
Past Member

Hi Brandy! Happy Birthday, sweetie! ... and I'm so glad you're here with us! I'm so sorry about all the trouble you're going through; this breaks my heart....so many of us understand some of the grief you're having, dear. Mild_mannered and FacingMyFears gave you excellent advice, I do hope you make those phone calls...good luck!! Keep us posted on how you're doing.

~Much love from your Wounded Doe