Ostomy Area Swelling

Replies
Views
Slow momma

I've had my ileostomy for 3 months now and yesterday when I was getting my wound care done, they noticed I had swelling about 2 inches to the left of my ostomy site on my abdomen. I'm wondering if this is anything to be concerned over? It's a little tender but doesn't throb or anything like that. I have a lot of abdominal pain, but that's from my surgeries. I don't see my doctor until next Monday and not sure if I need to call in and report this. Anyone else have a problem like this? Thanks, Barbara

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th today! I got to see my son who lives about 2 hours away. What a blessing! Had a cookout. Rained nearly all day. They had to do the grills in the rain lol! It's pouring hard out now... we've had enough rain...

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,098 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

If there is no pain, it could probably wait until your appointment.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate