Effective Stoma Seal & Eakin Techniques

Replies
Views
mara727

It's always hit or miss with so many things, but there is a woman on Facebook that used Seal then Eakin. I helped a friend with a bad rash using Seal then paste, then wafer.
Seems there are a lot of leaks from no convex or just the stubborn stoma that goes in and out.
Mara

mild_mannered_super_hero
That's the rewarding part of this community...people helping other people deal with a difficult situation. Good on you.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,465 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

All I know is when it comes to paste, you want to think caulk, not glue.

And the seal (Eakin et al) is like a washer or gasket.

firedup

The paste and seals don't work for me. Leak, leak, leak. I found hydrocolloid strips and they are great! I use them around my stoma under the wafer, not on the outside of the wafer unless I want added security when I am very active. Ask the companies for some different things to try. Best wishes, Gail

sooziq

You are using the hydrocolloid around the stoma in place of an Eakin seal, right? My stoma is flush and I've been having a bad time getting/keeping the skin dry to keep the appliance on. Will this work to keep the skin dry and keep a Hollister 2-piece on? The skin is raw, red, and weeping. Also, can a seal of any kind be placed on top of the hydrocolloid seal? I have the seals from Salts and from Coloplast. I may try this as I have tried everything else. Thanks.
Sooziq

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
firedup

Soozig, I am using the hydrocolloid in place of anything else and put my wafer right on top of it. I heat them up first so they seal well around the stoma and they do keep my skin dry. I also use a two-piece system and find that the less stuff I use, the better. Hope this helps.