Pouching System

Replies
Views
sooziq

I have been told by WOCN to try a 1-piece convex system? I like 2-piece? I have been using the same system for 36 years -- now with weight gain, age, etc., skin issues, leaks, I cannot get the skin to clear up and the appliance to stay on for over 1 or 2 days when it used to last 5 to 7 days? I am trying NUHope sample 1-piece today, oval feels so much better than stiff Torbot faceplate, gasket, tape! But hate the see-through pouch. Like Hollister 2-piece also, the new pouches and faceplates barriers move with you and are lighter, but how many days wear can I expect? Also use Eakin ring or Adapt ring. Thanks for any thoughts on this.
Sooziq

Cat6

I use a one-piece drainable from Hollister. They make a convex one too. It's a mini pouch, about 7 inches. It's not see-through. It actually has a flesh-colored soft covering. I tried every pouch out there. Got samples from every company. This one I find is the best. The code number for mine is 88730, and that is based on the size of the opening/stoma.
Good luck.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,314 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.