Replies
Views
three

Video No Longer Available

Primeboy
WOW!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mrs.A
I hope many find this gentleman's story a great inspiration. He truly proved he could change. I believe he is right, do you believe what others say you can or can not do or do you keep trying until you can. Inspiration comes in many forms. Which makes me go back to saying attitude is everything.
firedup
Thank you three. I think we all need to see this one.
ron in mich
awesome, what persaverance

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
djcwiley
It's so true, we all ask ourselves, will our lives ever get easier or better. My daughter is so angry because she thinks having an ostomy doesn't have an positive impact on people's life instead it seems to take away the quality of our lives. I ask the same question and perhaps it's how you live before depends on how well you accept the life of having an ostomy.

I lived with such strong convictions and very passionate about so many things. I lived well and feel fortunate to have least experienced what it's like to love what you do, love who you are and have memories that no one can take away.

Sometimes we have to find other ways to improve our quality of life like finding a different purpose or developing a new skill or create something beautiful.

Living with an ostomy sometimes just sucks, and not sure if it was worth losing the quality of my life. The jury is still out, but I do know I have to keep living for my family and so I keep pushing myself everyday and devoted my time to learning everything about IBD and will share with the world what I have learned.

Debra
WOUNDED DOE
Definitely one of my fave vids........another great inspiration , thank you Three !
Past Member
Thanks for posting this, Three. I opened it at a time when I really needed to see this man's courage. And thanks for your opening paragraph. That was me 4.5 years ago and you described it beautifully.

Loretta
DonBrown1943

I am really glad old posts don't go away on this forum. I didn't need this in 2013, but I certainly did today, March 20, 2017. Things that happened in 2014, 2015, and 2016 were piling up and I needed help. If he could do it, I can recover much of what I have lost. Maybe not all, but enough. Thanks to everyone in this forum. You have been so much help to me. Don.

DonBrown1943

I am really glad old posts don't go away on this forum. I didn't need this in 2013, but I certainly did today, March 20, 2017. Things that happened in 2014, 2015, and 2016 were piling up and I needed help. If he could do it, I can recover much of what I have lost. Maybe not all, but enough. Thanks to everyone in this forum. You have been so much help to me. Don.

Jayne

It seems that the basis for Three's inspiration and the lead in remarks are no longer searchable - Pity - As it would appear that a number folk found the initial posting helpful and responded positively.