Making It Last Longer

In this discussion
Replies
Views
mara727

A couple of people are losing insurance, does anyone else find stoma seals make wafers last? Are there any other suggestions for them?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,100 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mild_mannered_super_hero

The Eakin rings double my wear time. I can't do without them. Cost-wise, they are almost the price of the flanges....

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
sanraju

Hi, what are Eakin rings? What is the manufacturer's name? I live in Dubai. Please give me more details about the product, so that I can see if I can find them here.

Have you also tried to take a shower with the flange and bag on (and without any cover over them to prevent them from getting wet)? Do Eakin rings help in this case?

Past Member

Hi!! I am new in Dubai, and need to buy stomacare products. I am used to Convatec, but am willing to change if necessary. Where are these things sold? Please help!

iMacG5
If you Google "Eaken Seals" there's even a video showing how they're used.  I feel way more comfortable using them right up against the stoma.

Mike

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister