Medical Marijuana: A Better Alternative for Ostomy Patients?

Replies
Views
Past Member

Like what you said, PB

hawk

Used it about a year ago, I had put thirty two years of employment with the state and was randomly drug tested every six months before I retired. Going through the side effects of septic shock, I thought, what can I lose? Well, I tried it, my appetite came back and all I wanted to do was just eat and laugh. It was great and I hope Florida will one day have this tiny little herb legal.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,461 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Should be able to smoke, and call a friend, chat like normal people, we are all adults, no big deal really.

Past Member

We are all so detached, disconnected from each other in this digital world. All these algorithms are not real, we need one of our five senses to feel real, and typing ain't one of them.

peterepete

Topic now just being discussed by pollies in New South Wales. I say bring it on. Would getting the munchies lead to increased output?

Peterepete

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Teri

What about the CBD oil (I think that's what it's called)? I go to pain management every 3 months because besides the ileostomy and the recently removed kidney cancer, I have my second parastomal hernia in less than a year. I've had spine surgery with ongoing back pain. I suffer from anxiety, depression, tachycardia, COPD, and am blind in my left eye from AMD. I'm on more pills than my 86-year-old father! I figure the oil can't hurt. But when I asked my pain management doctor, he said it would show up on my urine test, which would then make my contract void, and then I wouldn't be able to get the pain meds for my back. Oh, I forgot to add, I have arthritis in both feet in the toes and have metal rods in the right big toe too.

Past Member

Hi there. I used to be stationed at Ft. Hood. I am from Texarkana, but moved to Maine (less humid...lol). I will say I miss walking down Guadalupe and 6th Streets. Austin is a lovely place. I heard it has really grown.

freedancer

I am using CBD oil. I no longer have to take sleep meds. It doesn't have THC in it but I may check into some with THC hoping it will help with my disc pain from my replacement surgery.

Rudolf

Here in Canada, marijuana has been legal for quite a number of years. Lots of shops have opened where you can purchase it. I have always used a friend of a friend to buy it, but I'll try a pot shop soon.

Past Member

I smoke just before I go to bed. It shuts down the running thoughts and helps with pain and getting to sleep. When a goofy thought pops up, I say not to worry, it will be gone in 5 seconds. Then, what was I thinking? I don't care to do it during the day. It is legal here, but I still get a bit paranoid about it. I like it for bedtime.
Linda

Past Member

Oh teri ouch! I was starting to get more depressed and then I read your post and it knocked that right away. We are told someone else will have it worse. You are in my prayers. As to the pot, I never found any help from CBD oil but a small pipe of it works for me. It doesn't take the pain as much as it separates you from it. It is hard to explain, but I know the pain is there; I just don't feel it if that makes sense.

Linda

ccaecanada

As a child of the fifties and sixties, I've had a casual non-medical relationship with pot for many years. As a Canadian, it's now legal everywhere, and I grow a few plants in my yard. The world has not come to an end, Reefer Madness has not descended on us, and the insane asylums are not overflowing :-) From a medical point of view, a puff or two once in a while helps with minor aches and pains ... better than OTCs and prescriptions. Given a choice for socializing/relaxing, I'll take pot over alcohol any day.