Just had my identity stolen.... They left my ostomy

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Faith4Today

You would think they would have the decency to take the good with the bad. If anyone has a to-do list of things to check once you have had your life stolen online, I would appreciate it. It seems like I am forgetting something obvious... Should I change carriers? Go back to dial-up. Stop using a computer? I have called my cards, banks, police. Please help, being a new ostomate was about all I could juggle. I just ordered my 1st supply since off of home care nursing and had to cancel it. I am not asking for money (or pity), just as much wisdom as you can spare. If ostomy surgery makes you feel like your body has turned against you... then identity theft makes you feel like it has got up and left.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

janice

My goodness, I am so sorry this happened to you! I was robbed years ago and felt so "violated". I imagine you must feel the same way!
I have no advice, just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and praying for you!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Faith4Today

I do feel violated in the strangest way, I have been robbed before, and it felt creepy knowing someone walked around and touched our things. This feels like everyday another part of me disappears - an arm, leg. Each day I find out new ways. Now I feel like my brain is gone, how could I have been so stupid to let this happen? Why did I ever decide to bank online, to open PayPal, to request a credit report? Everyone wants your SS# and driver's license #. It is just too easy to be a crook. Thanks for giving us a place to spill our guts. "A little colostomy humor." Please, anyone, jump in with how to stop this from escalating.